About the role
FireHydrant is hiring a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to shepherd the relationship between our product, sales organization, and audience. You’ll play the essential role of elevating our core product truths into relatable and inspirational stories for our audience.
We’re looking for a product marketing manager who is prone to thinking differently. We know that developers value opportunities to learn and grow, connect with their communities, and work in partnership with the people behind the tools they choose. We’re seeking a product marketing manager who will be obsessively focused on what our audience finds valuable and builds messaging, content, and programs that serve that need.
The work you’ll do
- Influence and develop differentiated product messaging and positioning that aligns sales, marketing, product, and engineering and reinforces our corporate story
- Create and present enablement materials for sales that clearly outline what the value of the product is relative to our market’s pains and needs
- Create content in partnership with your marketing partners that drives awareness and adoption of the product and removes friction for users.
- Put the customer at the center of all you create. This spans thinking like a customer to evaluate the value of your presentations, demos, content, etc., to actually putting the customer voice into your content.
- Become the resident expert on the emerging incident management category. You should be such a natural student of the category that you become comfortable having deep, meaningful, and dynamic conversations with Site Reliability Engineers.
- Ensure smooth and impactful product and feature launches, with clear, compelling content externally and tight, aligned communication internally.
- Establish a partnership with the product team that allows you to provide perspective and create some healthy tension based on your knowledge of customer needs and the competitive landscape.
- Act as an expert at the competitive landscape. Know why, where, and how we win, and go hard on helping the market understand that.
What we’re looking for
- A great writer and storyteller. The core of this role is creating meaningful content for our audience that supports our mid-funnel and late-funnel marketing objectives. Writing samples are a must.
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products and in crafting positioning and marketing content
- 4+ year’s experience in product marketing for a B2B product organization developing marketing assets (e.g., website, videos, success stories, blogs, presentations, print collateral, sales enablement tools, etc.)
- Excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and tradeoffs to peers and senior executives
- Experience with launching new and disruptive services
- Experience with cloud native technologies
- Experience with marketing to developers
FireHydrant is the only full-cycle incident management platform that drives reliability. It replaces siloed knowledge, disparate tools, and homegrown processes with a fully automated, customizable platform that makes it simple to efficiently and consistently respond to incidents — and ultimately, to learn from them. That’s why companies like Spotify, Snyk, and 1Password choose FireHydrant to build and scale their incident management programs.
Backed by Menlo Ventures, Work-Bench, and Salesforce Ventures, our 50 (and growing!) team members are building the future of reliability from remote offices around the US. Join us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first, with employees living and working around the US, while our physical headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- 1x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams, we gather another 1-2x per year, depending on the safety of such a gathering and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor - we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity - information is shared openly; we welcome ideas and contributions regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity, and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per year, with sustainable working hours and a healthy work/life balance
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $175,000 for Senior PMM or $225,000 for Product Marketing Director depending on leveling.
- FireHydrant requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations provided based on medical need or religious belief.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.
Note: FireHydrant is not working with agencies for this role.