Finite State partners with product security teams, the guardians of our connected world, to create transparency for their connected devices and supply chains. Our platform handles connected devices and embedded systems across all industries, including those found in enterprises, healthcare, utilities, connected vehicles, manufacturing facilities, critical infrastructure, and government entities.
We are a fast-growing series-B company with a fully distributed workforce. Led by a team of seasoned experts, we are a mission-driven team passionate about arming our customers with the actionable insights, critical vulnerability data, and remediation guidance necessary to mitigate product risk and protect the connected attack surface. We are committed to a remote first culture.
Finite State is looking for a Sr. Product Marketing Manager. You will help build the GTM strategy, with priorities around messaging, positioning, and user segmentation to increase awareness and technology adoption with clearly defined and measurable metrics. You will be in a Senior position and report to the EVP of Marketing
You must be based in and authorized to work in the US.
Research shows that women and those in underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the requirements in a job description. If you think you have what it takes, but don’t check off every box - please still get in touch! We’d love to learn more about your experience and what motivates you to see if you’d be a great fit.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will:
- You will align corporate messaging with product positioning, with deliverables and content in consideration of the markets we are targeting, including: enterprise, priority partners, MSPs, and other affiliates. identify and address the target personas (ICP's) within our TAM and work with customers research analysts, procurement teams, Sales and deployment teams to build use cases and repeatability of our GTM
- You will support revenue-producing campaigns in collaboration with Sales, content marketing, demand generation and events team members to combine programs that allow partners and move toward Finite State awareness and ARR, aligning with our multi-channel GTM approach
- Support strategic analyst relations programs, including briefings, presentations, and events to communicate the product capabilities, vision, and roadmap, to help reach analyst coverage
- Create content to lead awareness, thought leadership, demand generation, retention/upsell and pipeline acceleration with an eye toward how our platform delivers value to our customers and partners.. This content will include: messaging, sales training, FAQs, brochures and data sheets, demos, presentations, website content, lead gen content, blog posts, case studies, press releases, whitepapers, e-books and infographics
- You will research and understand the positioning of our competitors and learn their strengths and weaknesses and prepare competitive content (together with the product team who leads the feature and technical comparison) for Sales and channels
- Help improve efforts to update, refresh and even refactor product collateral, and build other assets such as surveys, polls, wizards, and calculators, or tools that will help grow prospect and customer engagement
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in OT cybersecurity including: software security, supply chain security, AppSec, and/or SBOM
- Simplify complex technologies into easy-to-understand and easy-to-break down concepts and value proposition messages
- Experience creating the right content for multiple audiences and funnel stages
- Experience working with teams and establishing relationships
- Priority consideration given to candidates who are comfortable in thought leadership speaking opportunities
- A team-first attitude and a willingness to collaborate to build important content assets that are part of our growth goals
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Previous experience in management-level roles building teams
- MBA or equivalent BA/BS in business, marketing or technical field
- In 30 days you will: Have a plan developed to represent the core priorities and programs you'll take on for 2023, align to our OKR's and initiate a partnership with the Marketing team, the Product team, the S&I team and the Sales team.
- In 60 days you will: Have built out a product marketing strategy with core outputs helping Sales enablement, demand generation and events. You will also have built out an approach to simplify how we market with integration partners.
- In 90 days you will: Have helped shape the product direction as it relates to positioning and content that can help improve our value into the markets we serve. You will also have helped Marketing build 3 new partner integration programs.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary with stock option grant
- Fully covered medical, dental, vision
- Unlimited PTO & outstanding parental leave
- WFH stipend
- Weekly team activities because we believe having fun is just as important as working hard
- Team buildings/retreats once a year
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional (self-funded) benefits: pet insurance, legal assistance, home, auto & renter’s insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
Finite State has a transparent, collaborative and supportive culture - we are looking for people who have a growth mindset, are curious and innovative, and drive results. Our team is smart, but humble, hard working with lots of fun sprinkled in. Above all, our team is driven by our noble mission and we hold ourselves accountable to delivering to our customers every single day.
The Finite State platform brings visibility and control to the supply chains that create connected devices and embedded systems—all in a simple to use platform and at the scale manufacturers need to keep device production on time and on budget. After unpacking and analyzing every file, configuration, and setting in a firmware build, the platform generates a complete bill of materials for software components, identifies known and 0-day vulnerabilities, shows a contextual risk score, and provides actionable insights that product teams can use to secure their software
We are proud to be an Equal Employer Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Finite State is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.