About the job
Your role as a Sr Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s new website that are useful & delightful. You'll become an early and foundational member of a young, but high-impact, product team whose shared goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions. You’ll passionately act as the voice of the user.
You’ll relentlessly pursue ways to make travellers lives easier. Whether you're designing a new way for travellers to shop for hotels or creating an engaging onboarding flow, you'll work closely with other designers, engineers, data scientists and product managers to find the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
• A portfolio showing experience in visual and interaction design for web applications
• At least 3-5 years of experience designing consumer-focused products and working at scale with Design Systems
• Experience shipping web products in a fast paced agile environment
• An up-to-date understanding of web best practices and trends
• Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
• The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
In this role, you will:
- Define, articulate and champion a vision for Hopper’s new web travel portal, and develop business cases with quantifiable KPIs and ROI
- Manage product life cycles, launches, follow-up releases, dependencies and navigate through potential roadblocks
- Understand and distill complex data sets into key findings, actionable insights, and experiment recommendations for future iterations
- Provide design and implementation support to the engineering team. Develop partnership with data scientists to gain a deep understanding of Hopper's customer behavior and the impact of our product initiatives down the line
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape, and technology trends
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B
. The company’s valuation has more than doubled since early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
- The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!