Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $110 – $130/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long term
What you’ll be working on
Our client's team is seeking a talented Senior Product Designer with strong UI skills and well versed in design systems!
Imagine yourself in the 1970s or 80s thinking through how computing should look and feel for people who had never seen it before. That's what they're trying to do — Their designers create powerful, impactful experiences that enable users of all kinds at organizations to work effectively with data to orchestrate complex marketing campaigns driven by AI. Sometimes that means cutting through the noise and delivering highly streamlined, simple experiences and sometimes it means designing productivity tools for very technical audiences.
They're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people they reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
What you will do
- Design solutions to real problems and ship great features in their UI
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution.
- Work relentlessly to understand their customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering and product to craft thorough experiences that are a joy to use
- Work in the best medium for the stage of the product development lifecycle you're in, whether that be documents, mockups, prototypes, or presentations
- Orient solutions around clear goals, audiences, timeframes, and realistic technical capabilities while always pushing to deliver the best possible experience
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design/product team and company leadership
- Create new patterns that are intuitive, practical, and convergent. Evolve their design system intentionally as they scale.
What they’re looking for
- You have well-rounded skills and experience to run projects independently end to end. 6+ years of working experience designing consumer or business SaaS applications (Enterprise product experience is a plus).
- You can create clear, intuitive, and visually appealing human interfaces. (UI)
- You can untangle vague conceptual problems, and have a sharp intuition for the most accessible mental models and flows, so users can immediately start gaining value from the product. (UX)
- You love making complex problems feel simple and seeing the larger system connect disparate pieces to visualize the user's journey
- You have experience in designing Data systems with complex information hierarchies and representing the output of AI
- The design decision you make are data driven
- You care about the business needs, implications, and practicality of your designs. You don't get stuck on pretty UI or deep abstractions and can balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a good listener who collaborates well with different stakeholders. You observe and internalize all inputs and feedback to help you reach an optimal decision.
- You like to tell stories using both words and visuals and strategize the best way to make your point.
- You have a strong portfolio that showcases your work, provides details of your role on projects, and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from start to finish
- You have experience working in the data and AI space
- You have notion of motion design
- You've designed and built great tools with small teams in the past.
- You bring unique strengths and perspectives to the team. Our client is looking to build a diverse team where their skills and experience can complement each other.
- You can polish features in the codebase.** They love to hire designers who can code so there's less communication and hand-off cost with engineers. But this is optional, especially if you are super talented in designing the purest and easiest solution to hard product design problems, and rallying your teammates to execute it.*
- You've experienced the pain of fragmented tools and information silos created by them, and have a strong urge to fix it.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.