We're looking for Senior Brand Designer to join the Brand Studio team at Zapier. The Brand Studio team is responsible for ensuring that Zapier delivers high-quality, consistent, differentiated, and meaningful brand experiences throughout our customer’s journey. The Senior Brand Designer will play a central role in scaling our new brand identity Visual Identity System (VIS) through compelling and creative solutions across our brand surfaces. This role requires strong visual communication, an incredible eye for detail, and a systems mindset to build a large number of assets across a diverse array of projects.
- 5+ years of design studio experience. Or working in-house defining and differentiating brand experiences through a Visual Identity System.
- You live and breathe brand. Holding a high bar for quality of execution and storytelling, you understand what makes a worldclass brand.
- You have passion for the VIS. The idea of taking a new brand foundation and scaling it through visual storytelling is exciting to you.
- You’re a systems thinker. You’re build with end-to-end experience in mind, not just a single web surface. You know how to balance the big picture alongside the littlest details, and love building processes that allow others to easily self-serve.
- You’re a strong designer. You are passionate about design consistency wherever the brand shows up, and are well-versed at creating high quality solutions that follow design best practices.
- You are an excellent written communicator. We’re a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier. You’re able to explain the rationale of your work, presenting to clients, cross-functional teammates and/or collaborators.
- You are self directed and process driven. You can navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment; be a self-starter and proactive; kind, curious, and creative
- You’re solid at time management. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
- You thrive on cross-discipline collaboration. You love to work with marketing, product, and other stakeholder teams to drive design. You can effectively build relationships across the organization as an advocate for customers while managing stakeholders to bring the organization along on the journey.
Things you’ll do
- Report to our Associate Design Director on the Brand Studio team, working collaboratively with other designers, writers, producer, and strategist, as well as cross-functionally with marketing and product.
- Dig into the new Zapier VIS and uncover the most effective ways to scale it as we work toward increased brand awareness.
- Build on Zapier’s new custom art library and explore illustration devices.
- Establish engaging, on-brand systems for brand touchpoints like the blog, emails, etc.
- Create engaging design solutions that answer the brief and elevates our design quality across multiple touch-points.
- See your work all the way through the creative process, from concepting to sign-off to development.
- Think critically about the problem space, challenging what’s expected.
- Help to evolve our guidelines and best practices for a consistent experience.
- Seek out opportunities where our brand identity can be elevated in the industry landscape.
The Whole Package
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on timezones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.