Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
About the Service Designer at Headspace Health:
Headspace is looking for a passionate research-driven designer to define future products and services at Headspace through a deep human-centered lens. Reporting to the Inclusive Service Design Lead, the Service Designer will join teams of design researchers, product designers, behavioral scientists, and care providers to define and design new opportunities for Headspace to increase human health and wellbeing. You should bring a passion for personal and societal transformation, for working with others to solve complex problems, a love for behavioral design, and a desire to build rich, useful experiences.
The Service Designer will be responsible for delivering compelling future services for Headspace Health across digital, physical, and human touchpoints. You will define the detailed backstage systems, processes, and flows and the detailed frontstage user experiences equally. You’ll lead user interviews, service blueprinting, customer journey mapping, design workshops, and work in cross-functional teams to serve diverse populations and solve complex health and wellness problems. You’ll work to intentionally develop services with principles of diversity, equity and inclusion embedded from the start.
This role is both one of strategic design thinking and design doing. You will be able to move fluidly from research in the field to workshops with product designers, and effectively share the stories you uncover across the company.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Collaborate with fellow designers and researchers as we generate research-backed, mindful, product and service experiences across physical and digital touchpoints including human coaches and therapists
- Generate physical and digital concepts that bring services to life
- Translate research insights into service and product design opportunities (ex. wireframes)
- Work with cross-functional teams to build service blueprints and pilot new services
- Execute research including: contextual inquiries, diary studies, cultural probes, participatory design, co-design, concept validation, and usability testing
- Lead research synthesis, ideation & codesign sessions to identify opportunities for Headspace Health
- Document insights and opportunities and communicate them in novel ways
- Identify unique and overlapping needs of people of differing cultures, demographics, and abilities
- Co-design behavioral interventions alongside our behavioral scientists
- Prototype behavioral design experiments at low, medium and high fidelity
- Partner with clinicians and care services to develop best in class tools and services to support both care providers and their clients health and wellbeing
What you’ve accomplished:
- 1-5 years in design consultancies, product companies or healthcare organizations using human insights to guide design work
- Success leading generative design research, synthesis, and ideation
- Have documented services through service blueprints, customer journey maps, and diagrams and clearly outlined areas for design interventions
- Excellent collaboration skills to co-create solutions with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong relationship-building skills to socialize ideas within the organization and manage external partnerships
- Strong sense-making skills to find meaning in data
- Clear focus on bringing principles of diversity equity inclusion and belonging (DEIB) into the design and research process
- Experience in healthcare, education, civic/government and/or behavior change is a plus
- Hands on UX experience in Figma and/or related programs a plus
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.