Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 900 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
This is a remote position based in Canada.
We are looking for a Senior Visual Designer to work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process across brand, marketing, business development, and product teams. The role demands great execution, an obsession with quality, and creative problem solving for users and business goals. As an early member of our internal creative team, you will have a significant impact on Upgrade's products, brand and visual identity.
You can take the lead and are highly collaborative. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented craftsman, able to work efficiently and effectively with other designers, developers, product managers and marketers. You can concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve user and business problems, delivering measurable outcomes.
What You'll Do:
- Define, iterate, and extend the visual language of Upgrade across marketing, product, email, paid acquisition, affiliate & partner marketing, mobile stores, and social.
- Create original creative that is informed by business needs, strategy, customer research, and leadership input.
- Collaborate effectively across marketing, product, engineering, and design stakeholders with a low-ego / solutions-focused mindset.
- Build entire visual campaigns from start to finish and implement across all acquisition channels.
- Develop longer-term creative strategy for Upgrade's marketing communications.
- Help shape the internal design process.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of experience creating effective visual design solutions for brand, marketing, and product.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of consistency, typography, color, and design systems across web and mobile.
- Strong end-to-end ownership of design work from kick-off to final asset creation.
- Ability to effectively communicate design rationale to internal team and other stakeholders.
- Experience defining and contributing to design systems across brand, marketing, and product.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, and Figma.
- Motion graphic and animation skills are a plus.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation.
- RRSP company match program.
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Paid parental leave.
- Health and wellness initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.