Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team you'll be joining
You will be joining the lifecycle team where you will contribute to our team mission to educate, inspire and delight users, ensuring they get the most value out of Canva, while driving sustainable growth & revenue through automation and optimisation.
Our group's goals are increasing revenue through upsell/cross-sell of Canva products, as well as MAU growth by uplifting engagement through lead nurturing and email marketing strategy. We aim to improve activation and adoption rates for our core plans including Canva Pro, Canva Enterprise, and Canva for Education users while providing a delightful customer experience.
As part of this team you will help identify gaps in the user journey, update components and/or create components into our email and in-app design system. You will partner with your team to identify possible experiments to drive better experiences and increase overall revenue.
About Digital design
Digital designers are part of our Brand & Creative specialty alongside Brand designers, Motion designers, Videographers, Photographers etc.. Canva’s in-house creative team is on a mission to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. We work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, marketing campaigns, editorial content and production.
Digital design plays a critical role at the crossroads of Brand, Marketing and Product. We have millions of people visiting our landing pages everyday and you will be responsible for making sure this first interaction with our brand is memorable by building creative, user-friendly and on-brand digital experiences that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design. It is an incredible opportunity to help increase our brand awareness and also have a direct impact on our MAUs and ARR company goals.
Working in cross-functional teams you will help bring these designs to life from start to finish. Creating, managing, and producing digital design solutions for a variety of uses such as landing pages, websites, product graphics, email templates, brand campaigns etc....
Goals you’ll achieve
- Review the flow on how Canva customers are receiving communications from your team. What are the trigger points and how you can contribute to optimizing and improving the existing flow.
- Learn the landscape of Canva's email and in-app message design system, understand the different types of emails and platforms we use to create and send them to our customers.
- Produce a range of digital assets including, wireframes, visual assets, prototypes and handover documentation.
- Seek opportunities from users and team feedback to improve email and in-app message designs, layouts and messaging.
- Ensuring consistency on all notifications and messaging that we are using the right channel at the right time.
- Work with PMMs, Marketing teams and engineering to launch comms for new products, features and campaigns.
- Find effective ways to automate processes when possible, while delighting our customers in every comms we send out.
What you’ll do
- (Discovery) Contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc.. and help define the problem and solutions.
- (Definition) Translate insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end-users.
- (Visual design) Design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as emails, in-app messages, banners, graphics, UI motions, that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design
- (Implementation) Work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- (Iteration) Iterate and optimise user flows for conversion.
- Design at scale keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- A designer who is naturally curious and passionate about design with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources and trends. You are a master of your craft and love to bring projects to life. You are comfortable working in a high pace and iterative environment inside a cross-functional team and can navigate from chaos to clarity. Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions informed by data and research while addressing business goals and strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing, email and in-app components, a strong understanding in user behaviour and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) & organic channels (Email, In-app messaging) and are able to provide holistic, consistent and performant solutions.
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
- Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.