Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
continues to build the next generation of financial products and online payment solutions, now more than ever, there is a deep need for a strong, clear, and consistent messaging that facilitates a better understanding of difficult financial decisions!
You will be a partner and peer to Design, Product, and Engineer Leads. Integral part of the Design organisation, you will be working alongside Product Designers and UX Researchers to ensure that all our products, both internal and external, are removing the unnecessary complexity that exists in the industry!
Overseeing all products in Checkout.com
, you will refine, innovate and put guidelines and processes in place in order to create a consistent and delightful journey for our customers. You will report directly to the Senior Manager of UX Writing and you will be embedded and support specific product teams.
You will collaborate with your peers to define in-app user experiences, content strategy, and service-wide guidelines. You will help us bring creativity and clarity to every touchpoint - whether delighting with flourishes of micro-copy or breathing life into error messaging and legal disclaimers. You understand design thinking and user experience and thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- You care deeply. You believe you have a civic responsibility to your fellow human being that everything is made in the pursuit of perfection. You welcome criticism.
- You're not an island. You can show and tell us how you've helped the people around you get better.
- You think in systems. You can anticipate the ripple effects of small and large changes will have on the experience.
- You highly prize being accountable. You take ownership for every action, confess faults and failures, strive for better, and build trust.
- You place quality over speed, but you iterate and improve as swiftly as possible.
- You're self motivated and can work independently. We trust you to take the initiative making sure everyone has everything they need.
- You love learning. You might not have experience for everything this role requires, but you're excited to grow and learn - sometimes 'wearing many hats' in a team.
- The online payments or finance industry.
- Experience in designing WCAG compliant, accessible interfaces.
- Experience with Figma
What you'll be doing
- Using analytics and user research to inform your design decisions.
- Owning the work and plan the strategy to improve user interface microcopy, landing pages, error messages, and user notifications across the user journey.
- Supporting the DesignOps and Design System teams to align copy with user needs and business goals. Support defining guidelines for the entire design organisation.
- Ensuring that the copy meets legal, compliance, and business requirements while still being fresh and compelling.
- Collaborating with product managers and designers in agile teams to deliver compelling UX copy while meeting brand, risk and legal requirements.
- Supporting the Technical Docs team goals and to ensure alignment between Products and Docs.
- Supporting the maintenance and iteration of writing guidelines in line with our brand and tone of voice guidelines.
- Contributing to the localisation efforts to support the business goals.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.