As a Senior UX Researcher at Vanta, you'll have the opportunity to shape a UX research practice that begins with foundational questions and impacts our product strategy. We’re looking for a collaborative teammate capable of delivering and taking feedback. If you are a fearless and experienced researcher who finds the challenge of digging deep into customer needs and dynamics rewarding, then this might be the role for you.
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
What you’ll do as a Senior UX Researcher at Vanta:
- Own your research process end to end
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision making for Vanta’s product direction
- Create, collaborate and execute on foundational research to understand our customers, their needs and rich qualities
- Work closely with design, product managers and other partners to influence product and CX strategy
- Help with hiring and establishing a human-centered design culture within Vanta
How to be successful in this role:
- Have several years of experience as creating UX research strategies and carrying out studies
- Have a passion for tackling complex user problems and synthesizing insights into powerful frameworks and behavioral models
- Have strong research toolset, with deep interviewing and anthropological inquiry skills
- Enjoy spending time turning insights into actionable frameworks in collaboration with product teams
- Have very strong storytelling, written and verbal communication skills
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American's social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers' credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta's mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn't certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.