About the role
At Scott's Cheap Flights, our mission is to help people travel and experience the world. To achieve this mission, we discover opportunities to provide outstanding value for our members in ways that work for our business. We are looking for an experience Senior User (UX) Researcher who is passionate about creating impactful research that will help us stay true to our mission.
We take research seriously. Our product teams work within the research based Continuous Discovery methodology, you will help facilitate this while diving deep into project based research as well. As our only Senior UX Researcher, you will play a key role in connecting our members’ needs and experiences by conducting comprehensive end-to-end research ranging from initial exploratory initiatives all the way through post-release validation.
Data-informed (qualitative and quantitative) decisions are critical to our product teams, as a result, you will be tasked with helping to define various opportunities (our member needs, painpoints, wants), selecting the best research methods and synthesizing insights so they can be shared with the rest of the team.
Ultimately, your deep knowledge and experience in UX Research methodology will provide invaluable contributions to helping us understand how we can create delightful experiences for travelers around the world!
In the short term, you will:
- Become familiar with our systems, style & process
- Participate in Continuous Discovery Habits; coaching others on qualitative research.
- lead your own discovery & interviews with members to understand pains, gains & Jobs to be done
- Guide research activities to define current member pain points and map ideal future experiences
- Facilitate research by collecting, analyzing, and producing insights to lead the team toward user outcomes
- Collaborate with cross-functional project team groups to support the design & creation of new products and features
In the long term, you will:
- Contribute to the development of a data-driven understanding of Scott’s Cheap Flights members and potential members
- Optimize internal processes so we can maintain both rigor and speed as we grow
- Help define product requirements and understand user workflows to assist design and product teams in iterating through continuous discovery
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and other disciplines to design, implement, and track the success of projects
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of experience in User Research
- Experience in conducting research with a clear understanding of various quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Analytical, data-driven, and supremely detail-oriented
- Highly collaborative and empathetic: you love connecting with and helping others, whether they’re users or teammates
- You’re legally authorized to work in the United States and able to work US-hours.
- Experience with quantitative analysis and data visualization
Who you’ll work with:
- You’ll report to: Rachel Smith
- You’ll be a team member on the Product Team which consists of Designers and Product Managers.
- You’ll collaborate with: Product, Design, Engineering, Data, Marketing, and Leadership.
Why you might love working here:
- The salary for this role is $139,050 + equity.
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ's to the office!
- $500/Quarter Remote Work Stipend
- $75/month Physical & Mental Wellness Stipend
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- No Meeting/Flex Fridays
- Meetup stipend when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (In March, we went to Charleston. In September, we’re heading to Zion National Park!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request.