Pilot is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to help build the future of the financial back office.
- Partner closely with Design, Product, and Engineering leaders to drive product strategy and ensure product excellence.
- Provide a user-focused point-of-view in product discussions, design reviews, and strategic research planning.
- Understand and incorporate technical and business requirements into research.
- Create and execute on a UX research strategy, including identifying new opportunities for high-impact research.
- Own and craft a research roadmap, working closely with key leaders to ensure research efforts are aligned with priorities.
- Employ research methods to obtain insights about our users' behaviors and attitudes, and develop recommendations in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Advocate for research findings to diverse audiences through written reports, verbal presentations, and other methods you identify to be most effective.
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to facilitate self-serve UX research.
- Mentor other researchers on strategy and craft, and maintain our team's high standard of work.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and conducting user research that’s made a strong impact.
- We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- Experience designing and leading generative and evaluative research using a range of techniques (e.g. remote and in-person interviews, usability testing, concept testing, workshops, journey mapping, surveys) along with the knowledge of when, why and how to apply them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that influence and inspire change.
- You know how to analyze qualitative data, synthesize into a coherent and truthful story, and how to create effective ways of sharing your insights so they resonate and are impactful across diverse audiences.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships.
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
RECRUITMENT SCAM NOTICE
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated scam offering fake job opportunities. This type of fraud can occur through false websites, impostor LinkedIn profiles, fake job postings on job boards, phishing e-mails claiming to be from the company, etc. The fraudsters often request recipients to provide sensitive personal or financial information (SSN, bank account, etc.) and/or to make payments.
Please note that employment offers and any requests for information will always be made by a Pilot employee with a @pilot.com email address. If you are receiving an employment inquiry or employment offer from a non @pilot.com email address, please assume it is not genuine. Pilot never asks job seekers to make any payment as part of the recruiting process. If you have any questions about the authenticity of the Pilot recruitment process or an offer that you have received, please contact us by email at [email protected]
. If you have provided monies or other sensitive personal information and suspect you are the victim of fraud, please contact your local authorities or the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-382-4357 or online at ftc.gov/complaint
RECRUITMENT AGENCY POLICY
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to [email protected].
IMPORTANT E-VERIFY INFORMATION
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.