Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 900 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the unique characteristics of our product Dataiku, is the breadth of its scope and that it caters to both technical and non-technical users. We aim to build an end-to-end platform for data science and machine learning that encompasses the entirety of the lifecycle of advanced analytics projects, all the while remaining inclusive and accessible to a variety of profiles.
Operating within the Product Management organization, the User Research and operations team is in charge of supporting Dataiku in the creation of an exceptional user experience. We are looking for a senior UX researcher to join our growing team. Working closely with designers, product managers, developers and other business stakeholders you will be responsible for conducting and synthesizing mixed-method research including user interviews, surveys, and usability testing. A core part of your mission will be to ensure that the product we design is responsive to user needs and delightful to use.
As a key member of the team, you will act as an advocate for our users by facilitating the discovery, articulation, and application of data-driven recommendations across our entire product platform. The role requires strong problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You should have experience in fast-paced, innovative environments and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Perform all aspects of the UX research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating) for Dataiku platform evolutions that will be used by a wide range of users : data scientists, data engineers, data & business analysts
- Understand the product roadmap and be able to translate it into a research plan
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span design, product, engineering, and management.
- Identify and prioritize research questions based on the analysis of existing product designs
- Perform data analysis in order to uncover insightful and actionable results that drive tactical and strategic product decisions.
- Apply design thinking and usability best practices to guide the design process
- Develop working processes from the ground up and implement tools to elevate data-driven and user-centric product management approaches (A/B testing, insights repository…)
- (4 - 6+) years of relevant experience conducting industry-level User Research for complex interactive software applications.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, or a related field
- Well-versed in experimental design, research methodology, and statistical analysis
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of research methodologies and approaches, including card sorting, tree testing, prototype testing, concept evaluation, think aloud usability studies, surveys, semi-structured interviews, focus groups etc.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret research data and turn it into actionable insights.
- Experience with industry-standard research software, tools, and platforms with the ability to learn new techniques as needed
- Relevant experience or field knowledge of data science, predictive analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, or product analytics
Dataiku is the platform for Everyday AI, systemizing the use of data for exceptional business results. By making the use of data and AI an everyday behavior, Dataiku unlocks the creativity within individual employees to power collective success at companies of all sizes and across all industries. Don’t get us wrong: we are a tech company building software. Our culture is even pretty geeky! But our driving force is and will always remain people, starting with ours. We consider our employees to be our most precious asset, and we are committed to ensuring that each of them gets the most rewarding, enjoyable, and memorable work experience with us. Fly over to Instagram
to learn more about our #dataikulife.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.