Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Matterport is a remote workplace with headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This position can be based remotely in the United States #LI-Remote
About the Role: Matterport is looking for the next member of our growing UX Research team. In this role, you will be an interdisciplinary researcher, experienced communicator, and empathetic builder of bridges through collaboration.
To start, you’ll focus on specific product areas, conducting research that identifies opportunities to improve user experience. You will partner with Design, Product and customer-facing teams to uncover and articulate user needs, experiences, and expectations of Matterport products and services.
The ideal candidate has a passion and intuition for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to focus on both big experience initiatives and crucial details. This person must be comfortable presenting and articulating design reasoning, working closely with product and customer teams to develop and execute user-centered research.
What you will do:
- Identify research opportunities in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Develop research plans collaboratively with Design, Product, Engineering, and customer-facing teams
- Lead research projects from prioritization to delivery of reports and assets, conducting research and empowering stakeholder participation
- Identify the right methods and realistic scope for project goals and timelines
- Plan and conduct qualitative or quantitative research, such as in-depth interviews or surveys
- Identify appropriate research cohorts, recruit candidates, and manage outreach
- Deliver actionable insights, presented with a high degree of fidelity
- Communicate insights and advocate for Matterport customers to diverse audiences
- Champion research across the organization
- Empower Design and Product leads to conduct their own research and make customer-centric decisions
Your experience should demonstrate:
- 4+ years conducting and leading user experience research in a fast-paced environment, ideally including SaaS experience
- A portfolio of research deliverables that are actionable and visually refined, with context about how these drove product decisions
- Experience collaborating on new products or features, from conception to launch
- Deep experience selecting and applying UX research methods
- Broad understanding of HCI concepts and principles
- Effective cross-functional collaboration
- Confidence improving and scaling research practices across an organization, enabling others to understand and conduct research
- Clear and concise communication, including engaging storytelling
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. Matterport is committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.