Sesame is the home for Americans that have been priced out of the traditional healthcare system. Whether they are uninsured or burdened by high-deductible insurance, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the healthcare they need at a fraction of the typical price.
Customers on our platform love that they can get high-quality care quickly and easily for a fair price. We’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and financial challenges of the current healthcare system. We launched in 2019 and have since extended our in-person and telemedicine services nationwide.
We recently raised $27 million in Series B financing to expand our national marketplace. This brings our total raised to $75 million since we launched in 2019.
About the Role: As a Senior Designer, you will design innovative and elegant products. You will actively generate and leverage user insights using your interaction, visual, and product design skills to build end-to-end experiences for both sides of our two-sided marketplace (patients and providers). You will collaborate extensively with teammates across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Data to drive outcomes based on the company strategy. Reporting to Product, you will be a strong individual contributor, conduct extensive user research, and be an integral part of the success of the Sesame.
- Drive the user experience of products from conception to launch as part of the product development team
- Own our design system
- Design innovative end-to-end flows and experiences with high quality and craftsmanship
- Communicate and present designs and design rationale to leadership and cross-functional teams and gain alignment
- Drive user research insights using best practices and tools.
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience in end-to-end product, interaction, and visual design
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- You love partnering with other designers as well as different people across functions
- A user-centric problem solver
- You care deeply about people’s motivations and behaviors and can leverage insights to create high quality experiences that solve true user needs
- A lover of great visual design
- You think beyond the pixels to create high quality experiences for users
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate loosely defined problems and complexity into a cohesive vision and strategy
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and passionate about our vision to change American healthcare
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package with equity in the business
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- An intellectually challenging and stimulating work environment with teams in the US and Europe
- The opportunity to join and own a piece of a business growing exponentially month over month
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company - we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.