The Klue Product Design Team is maturing and we need help to elevate our User Experience efforts.
Klue is an outstanding opportunity for the type of designer who loves to unravel data and get excited about sharing insights with key stakeholders. This is a pivotal role on an already exceptional team.
Although still a startup at heart, Klue is well-funded with fantastic customers who rely on our enterprise-grade software. In short, it’s a bright future that will only get brighter with another exceptional designer.
👨🎤 Jesse (your hiring manager)
Klue Design, Kelowna/Vancouver
Q: What's the role?
- Help close the loop between product feedback and design process
- Work cross-discipline with key stakeholders from Product, Design, Engineering and Customer Success
- Play a starring role in developing Klue’s design point of view
- Continual learning and refining of how we understand our customers and our usersFacilitate how we unpack problems for the design team to tackle
- Provide leadership in how we develop, vet and test design proposals
- Study and report on usability and impact of shipped solutions
- Prioritize shipping value to our customers in measured, incremental steps
Q: What we expect from you?
- Several years experience, preferably at software-focused companies or agencies specializing in user experience design
- A proven track record conducting effective user research (interviewing, data collection, usability testing)
- A deep understanding of how to be a radiator of user research and build empathy across teams and departments
- Comfortable working in a early/growth stage environment
- Enjoys problem discovery and engaging designers in processes to develop solutions
- Experience with Product Management and Engineering teams
- Familiarity with modern SaaS/enterprise software development
Q: What you can expect from Klue?
- You'll have a voice, opinions aren’t just welcome, they're expected
- You'll work with an experienced team
- You'll work on big problems, the kind 85m companies have
- No politics, no posers: open, honest, I've-got-your-back environment
Q: What about total compensation & benefits?
- We gather compensation benchmarking data across BC and Canada's Tech Industry and use that data to build a range for our current team and future talent based on skill, capabilities and potential.
- This position can range from $100,000-$140,000 CDN based on level of experience, skill, and capabilities. There is always an ongoing conversation around compensation.
- Benefits. We currently have extended health benefits in Canada.
- Vacation. Discretionary Vacation. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. We want to also give individuals autonomy to choose how and when they take vacation. We understand and respect that everyone’s needs for time off are different, just like our team. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, keeping a work-life balance. just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. In practice we usually see our teams take anywhere from 2-4 weeks a year, and Klue always takes a reasonable approach so we can all continue to benefit from flexibility.
- Work-life integration: Hybrid work model, flexible working schedules, and a global team.
Q: Who is Klue?
Everyone has competitors, yet few know them well. Cue Klue. We are a team relentlessly focused on creating industry leading software to enable every department of every business to leverage the best of the web’s knowledge and the collective insights of their own people.
Joining Klue, you’ll have the opportunity to own your zone, experiment and find what works. Then execute with the support of a team propelling you forward. We’re all creating this industry leading product. It's an experience that will no doubt change your career forever.
⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
If you’re hooked and feeling more curious about us, or the role - reach out. Let’s see if there is a great home here with you, now or in the future.
As #kluecrew grows, we’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. We’re early in our journey; we've started employee led resource groups, committed to Pay Up For Progress, and use success profiles for roles instead of 'years of experience'. We continue to scale our efforts as Klue grows. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We will continue to work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We are excited to work together again in a space, but just as excited to have great people across timezones help us strive for that high quality asynchronous team communication.
We’re excited to meet you and in the meantime, get to know us: