Founded in 2017, Formant is the leading cloud-based platform for managing fleets of heterogeneous robots. Formant’s platform enables companies to operate, observe, and analyze robots from anywhere, meeting the growing need of robotics companies looking to deploy into new environments and scale their fleets.
We are inspired by the unique opportunities and challenges of connecting robots to each other, people and the cloud. We believe that more effective infrastructure can help unlock the shared potential of humans and robots and accelerate the successful deployment of autonomous systems throughout society.
As a team, we value humility, honesty, and creativity. We have a friendly, remote culture full of people from diverse backgrounds. We’re small but growing rapidly and just closed our Series A.
As a UX Designer at Formant, you will work closely with the leadership team, product managers, and engineers to design and build new applications across Formant’s platform, while ensuring design consistency that aligns with our brand.
This role requires someone willing to take on the challenge of designing the next generation of autonomous robot command & control interfaces, and a mind adept at simplifying highly complex technical domains.
- Rapidly iterate on ideas through design prototypes and wireframes while balancing long-term directional design, business requirements, and technical feasibility
- Review front-end development output to ensure faithful representation of designs
- Evolve design systems by understanding user, designer, and developer needs relative to the design systems and solving those problems with reusable components and patterns
- Present design concepts to senior leadership through thoughtful execution paired with strong communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on tailoring the message to the audience so that an appropriate level of understanding is conveyed
- Shape the design foundations of the Formant brand and product
- 5+ years of experience designing products with: user journeys, wireframes, flow diagrams, object models, design systems, visual design, prototypes, usability testing, and multivariate testing, or similar experience
- Creative and extremely proficient at using Figma as a primary design tool, including knowledge of how to use: Library Components, Auto-Layout, Prototyping, and other efficiency mechanisms
- Experience designing complex, interactive enterprise level web applications for business users
- Attention to product design detail and interaction with the ability to push engineering for design perfection with every release!
- A sensibility for video game interfaces, 3d, VR/AR, cartography, and data visualization is a plus
- Experience in autonomy, robotics is a plus
At Formant, you’ll make an immediate impact in a rapidly growing company run by a founding team with an established track record.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, stock options and an unlimited vacation policy as well as unlimited potential for internal growth and advancement.
We work fully remotely, though some travel for company events or customer projects may be required depending on the role.