London - Onsite
Senior Product Manager - UK Payments Specialist
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on experience working in the embedded payments space?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to thrive in a Senior Product Management role within Modulr and directly impact the growth and scale of the business?
We are looking to hire ambitious, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a mandate to drive new processes within a fast-paced and collaborative culture where you will have access to the latest technologies.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovative approach allow our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (e.g. Faster Payments and Visa) and provide everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as start-up and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic and Highland Europe which enable us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
The Senior Product Manager is a vital role within Modulr and will directly impact the growth and scale of the business.
Depending on the project, you will need to be comfortable doing the following:
- Leading a high-performing team of product owners / managers, accountable for discovery, development, delivery, and ongoing management of their products
- Work closely with the executive to define the product vision, strategy and roadmap, ensuring this is clearly documented and communicated to the wider business
- Provide day-to-day guidance, coaching and development for the team to execute high-quality deliverables including but not limited to
- Technical designs and specifications, that address business requirements
- Epic and user story definition including clear acceptance criteria
- Be accountable for the delivery of the roadmap for all workstreams
- Ensure scalable ways of working with the engineering function to prioritise requirements and deliver at pace each sprint
- Ensuring end-to-end delivery of products, ensuring all implications on teams across the business are understand and managed ahead of go-live
- Ensuring internal documentation and functional product collateral is created and maintained
- Actively develop and manage relationships with key payments schemes, standards bodies, and suppliers
- Accountable for the ongoing, overall performance of all products across the business and assess the performance against pre-defined metrics
- Accountable for understanding costs and working with the wider team to input into pricing strategies
- Responsible for regularly communicating updates on progress, ensuring any issues are pro-actively managed
This role is an excellent platform for an experienced Product Manager or Senior Product Manager to take their career to the next level and an opportunity unlikely to be found anywhere else.
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
- Strong track record with many years’ experience in product / project management, preferably within either the banking or FinTech space
- Experience working with the core UK payments schemes and familiarity with the governance organisation around them
- Experience developing and leading a high-performing team
- Ability to work independently, balancing multiple priorities that may change frequently
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing third parties, preferably payment schemes
- Outstanding communication skills, able to manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Be able to operate at a range of levels – both in terms of big picture strategic thinking, thought leadership and getting into the data and analysis
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), with co-workers located in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam and/or Mumbai. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values put you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Benefits pot - £1000 towards a variety of benefits for you to choose (including healthcare, dental etc), Perkbox (freebies and discounts!), plus access to season ticket loans
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme, called ModStart, to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels, platforms and Buddy allocation to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr All hands - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success.
- Bike to work scheme
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.