We are looking for a talented Senior UI Designer to help support Moneybox with a visual language app refresh for an initial 3 month contract.
As a Senior UI Designer, your role will be to help set the direction for UI Design at Moneybox, along with the Head of Product Design and the Head of Brand. Your designs will inspire and guide the whole design team to deliver delightful experiences. You're a designer with impeccable craft, an eye for detail and consistency, and a creative flair for micro-interactions.
You must have roughly 5 years of experience in UI Design and a portfolio of beautifully crafted digital products (including native applications). You should have experience in a tech or product-led environment with a desire to understand the business needs and how design can support in driving impact and meeting goals.
All applications must include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to define and implement an innovative new visual language for our app experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final handoff
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design solutions
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer needs and use this knowledge to inform and support product development
- Present and support your designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders
- Produce design executions that use accessible design principles
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity and performance
- Work with the app engineering teams to understand the technical requirements to deliver best customer experience
- Documentation of new design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides to enable other teams to move more quickly with confidence
- Create standout experiences that delight our customers and make the complex seem simple
- Responsible for ensuring that our brand is applied in a way that is intuitive and engaging. You’ll explore new creative approaches to projects and challenge what exists to drive impact
Who you are
- A driven designer with roughly 5 years minimum experience in UI Design, both hands on and working conceptually
- Exceptional UI design skills (including interaction and motion design) demonstrated with a strong portfolio
- At least 3 years experience in native app design for iOS and Android
- Mastery of Figma, including creating complex design libraries
- Ability to present your designs and articulate your rationale to colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process and collaborating with engineers
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Understanding of user-centred design principles
- Confident to explore new creative approaches where necessary, and high attention to detail on consistency where not
- Pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk
- Thrive in a fast paced environment where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact
What’s In It For You?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious business.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Company pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Gympass subscription to a variety of gyms and wellbeing apps
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: [email protected]
Your application will be subject to criminal record and adverse credit history checks (such as CCJs, IVAs and bankruptcy). As a regulated financial business, an adverse financial history could impact your suitability for the role. If you are aware of anything that could affect your suitability for the role, please let us know.