Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
About the role:
We are currently hiring a Senior Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence. In this strategic, high-impact role you own competitive intelligence for the company. You will inform corporate/product strategy and enable our global sales teams to win in competitive deals. You will work closely with our product marketing, product management, and sales teams to drive differentiation and growth with key audiences. This requires a sharp, creative, and resourceful individual that can arm GTM teams and the broader organization with the knowledge and insight needed to extend our lead in a highly competitive and dynamic market.
What you'll be doing:
- Take a ‘hands on’ approach and build strong relationships with our sales, solutions consultant, customer success, and product teams to extract critical information and determine the best way to uplevel findings across the organization.
- Perform research, both qualitative and quantitative, to better understand our competitive landscape in terms of offerings, roadmaps, strategy, messaging, and go to market strategies
- Update internal battlecards and build a strategy for new ways to arm sales and the broader Forter teams with our differentiators and right to win, working closely with sales enablement
- Partner with other PMMs and PMs to extract feature-specific insights and incorporate them into our value and solution-based messaging.
- Build a win/loss analysis program by conducting prospect and customer interviews regularly, sharing insights across the org, and sourcing competitive case studies in partnership with Customer Marketing
- Build a competitive intelligence feedback loop and deliverables for product, sales, and marketing
- Attend key competitor & industry events, analyze press coverage / announcements, and earnings calls, and report on meaningful findings
- Determine the optimal external competitive intelligence tool (Crayon, Klue, etc.), and lead programmatic enablement
- Be a tech-stack guru with a strong understanding of what tools to leverage to extract competitive intelligence and disseminate actionable results (Salesforce, Gong, etc.)
What you'll need:
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative info and distilling into actionable key takeaways
- Excellent competitive messaging and positioning skills at both business and technical levels (working with technical subject matter experts)
- Background in B2B, enterprise software or SaaS/Cloud space, martech or analytics background a plus
- Strong internal communicator and collaborator
- Self-starter with ability to build programs from scratch: Must have a positive attitude and willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Collaborative approach to work and ability to build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Proven track record to oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous paid parental leave options
- Home office allowance
- Cell Phone/Wifi reimbursement
- Flexible PTO policy
- Half-day Fridays, every Friday
- Annual company-wide event - Forter Week
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.*