Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role:
Tax, Reporting and Insights is a big reason why people choose Xero, it’s a critical part of Xero’s small business platform and a major focus for our accounting and bookkeeping partners.
You’ll lead empowered and cross functional product teams of engineers, product owner, business analysts and designers to ensure a beautiful experience for US businesses to handle their sales tax requirements. It’s a big opportunity space that you and your team can make a real difference in.
You’ll need to engage with customers including small businesses, accountants and bookkeepers to understand their needs, pain points and the opportunities they represent for business management and compliance purposes. You’ll also need to work closely with other teams with overlapping or mutual areas of interest, to ensure the experiences and solutions complement and delight our customers.
The focus for you and the team is defining and improving measurable market fit for US Sales tax.
What you'll do:
- Work across product delivery teams to ensure delivery of changes that integrate well with the wider set of products and technologies in the Xero suite.
- Work with design, research, strategy, data, and product marketing teams to drive feature penetration and undertake competitor research to uncover customer needs and new product value propositions, delivering quality software with amazing user experiences that solve real customer problems.
- Own, refine, and communicate the longer term vision for your Product.
- Most importantly, you’ll cultivate a fun, rewarding, innovative and outcome-focussed culture that lives and breathes Xero values.
What you'll bring with you:
- Previous experience as a Product Manager
- Ideally experience in a Saas environment but other comparable technical exposure will also be considered
- Experienced in taking large complex products to market, leading working across several delivery teams to ensure loveable products are delivered to customers on time and has made a measurable positive impact.
- Quickly able to come up to speed and become an expert in accounting and bookkeeping workflows
- Working with designers and developers to rapidly ideate, refine and build and ship SaaS products.
- Demonstrated experience in defining product roadmaps and strategic planning
- The ability to communicate, build strong relationships, manage stakeholders, facilitate and collaborate to smooth the path of your product and your delivery team across the business through to market launch.
- Things are constantly changing around here so you'll also have the ability to break down complex problems, deliver real-world business outcomes and handle those changing priorities.
- Love of building beautiful, quality software, coupled with a knowledge of design thinking.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.