Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. The Music Mission team is responsible for Spotify’s end-to-end proposition for music creators and the experiences they create for fans. The team is dedicated to building tools and services to enable creation, promotion, expression, and monetization at scale.
We are looking for an adept Senior Product Manager to join the commerce team within our Music Vertical Platform organization. In this role, you will be responsible for defining, delivering, and scaling the commerce capabilities key to our Music Mission strategy.
What you'll do:
- Drive discovery, definition, development, and iteration for creator-focused commerce capabilities, with a primary focus on building into our flagship Spotify for Artists product.
- Define annual and quarterly strategy, objectives, and plans for a squad with Music Mission-level impact. Navigate tradeoffs and deliver stakeholder-aligned recommendations.
- Partner with engineering to continue evolving agile practices, and drive key rituals & practices (refinement, planning, story writing, etc)
- Partner with a large internal network to advance business goals — other squads, business partners, finance & legal teams, support, and more.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced product manager with an exceptional product craft and toolkit.
- You have commerce and/or platform product management experience.
- You can operate & communicate at multiple levels, from sharing an annual strategy with key partners to writing clear user stories for the squad.
- You’re able to bring clarity to complex and ambiguous situations.
- You’re effective in collaborating across teams, functions, and levels.
- You know how to approach constraints and make tradeoffs in your roadmap, while balancing business and technical priorities.
- You’re able to handle multiple moving pieces and adapt to changing scope or timelines.
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration, and you will be expected to work EST hours, no matter where you are located in the Americas region.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For NYC, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties.For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.