Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Type of Employee
Matterport is a remote workplace with headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This position can be based remotely in the United States #LI-Remot
About the Role
The Senior Product Manager for Capture Devices (hardware) will own and manage Matterport’s hardware products including Matterport-developed products and/or strategic 3rd party devices integrated into our device capture Ecosystem. As our customer base spans multiple countries and industry verticals, Matterport caters to a variety of customer segments, with needs that are changing quickly. You will champion the changing voice of our customers(s), and spearhead innovative solutions to their evolving needs. You will work closely with cross-functional teams from BD, Marketing, Sales, H/W and S/W Engineering. This position reports directly into the Director of Product Management.
What you will do:
- Manage ongoing success for the product line;
- Provide/develop detailed product requirements to the Engineering and Design team, and ensure that the product-line is best positioned for success in the marketplace.
- Lead a core team of cross-functional teams and Product Marketing from ideation to Go-to-market execution.
- Become a subject matter expert on Matterport’s new and existing customer verticals and their needs in terms of reality capture.
- Work with business partners to define outstanding go-to-market strategy.
- Work closely with Engineering to be the voice of the customer and make technologies into products that solve user needs.
- Analyze data from multiple sources and help the team make the right trade-offs between capability, cost, engineering complexity and value to the customer.
- Continuously assess product-to-market fit between the technical features of the product and customer needs.
- Maintain a keen eye on cost to ensure that business-needs are met.
Who you are:
- 6+ years experience in hardware product management or a related area
- Proven track record of high-profile consumer and professional hardware product launches
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Strong experience in full P&L management for managed product and solutions
- Empathy for customer feedback, developed through use of a variety of research tools
- Analytical rigor in evaluating and prioritizing projects and roadmap items
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Superior written and presentation skills
- Passionate about 3D capture
- Capacity to manage complex, cross-functional projects with many moving parts
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act