At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives -- and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most -- their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO's give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 16,000 clients and 9 million users globally.
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain, Australia and the Netherlands.
Our core values - Sincerity, Empathy, Empowerment, Individuality, and Teamwork - reflect who we are as a company. They are central to the decisions we make and the interactions we have with our teams, customers, and partners. As a people-focused company, we are seeking candidates who align with our values.
Emburse is a proud recipient of a 2020 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius and a 2020 IDC SaaS CSAT Award for Travel and Expense. These awards celebrate companies that have gone above and beyond to provide their communities, clients, and front-line workers with support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a people-first company, and this award is a testament to our mission to humanize work.
Follow us to stay updated on news and job openings!
The Senior Product Manager, I, shapes the overall vision of software products and applications through collaboration with clients and internal software developers, design, account management / sales, and marketing teams.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for driving product development for a supporting product focus area spanning more than one full engineering team
- Collaborate on building business case, defining product vision and strategy
- Internalize customer pain points, communicating regularly with our Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing about customer feedback
- Communicate status of project with stakeholders
- Manage the prioritized feature backlog and bug process
- Create clear and concise product specs, test, iterate and drive to launch, partnering with Engineers and Designers on product development
- Drive consensus and identify key metrics for upcoming projects
- Actively participate in roadmap planning
- Own features, end to end
- Study market trends and competitive offerings, research, monitor, and analyze industry and competitive trends regularly; provide updates and recommendations to supervisor
- Lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage of assigned applications/products
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, economics, public relations, statistics, advertising, management or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ Years of Product Management experience, coupled with a deep understanding of software development
- Advanced experience in customer development, product definition, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for industry-leading business software products
- Strong analytical skills working with Excel and SQL querying
- Ability to write clear bug reports and technical specs
- Understanding of technical constraints and when to involve engineering
- Ability to identify signal from noise, focusing on the most impactful decisions in a customer-facing context
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep empathy with customers
- Understanding of productivity tools and techniques, helping teams work better together
- Ability to produce work that is on time, clear, and high quality
- Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work with complex concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously and successfully
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.