The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
Spotify is building the world’s most loved personalized audio service. With great power comes great responsibility, and we take that responsibility seriously. Your role will be to build the tools and provide the thought leadership required to further operationalize our existing algorithmic responsibility policies and principles in our recommendation technology. You will work cross functionally with highly skilled engineers, researchers, data scientists, other product managers, strategic leads and policy and legal constituents to drive the development of products that enable Spotify to understand and mitigate any potentially harmful effects of algorithmic choices on listener and creator communities. You will communicate with internal and external stakeholders to translate complex questions and requirements into concrete technical solutions, and bring product perspective to algorithmic responsibility strategies at the company level.
What you'll do
- Develop expertise in Spotify’s algorithmic responsibility policies and principles and recommendation system landscape and translate this knowledge into a product vision for risk and bias mitigation in recommendations
- Provide product thought leadership to the complex space of responsible recommendations and help drive company-wide strategic algorithmic responsibility initiatives
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for Spotify’s recommendations-focused algorithmic responsibility products.
- Partner with engineering teams on the design, implementation, delivery and adoption of platformized, scalable algorithmic responsibility solutions to protect users and the business from harm
- Translate non-technical legal and policy requirements to technical product requirements that scale
- Set metrics that inform the success of algorithmic responsibility product efforts, and drive cross-functional efforts to meet targets
- Consult and advise product managers and teams on Spotify algorithmic responsibility policies and technology when designing new recommendation features
Who you are
- 5+ years of product management experience and a proven track record of delivering impact by leading engineering teams
- 2+ years of trust & safety or algorithmic responsibility experience and experience working with partners and leaders across Trust & Safety, Security, Privacy, Product, Data Science, Legal, and Engineering
- Experience driving large scale strategic initiatives at a leadership level
- An innovative mindset, with excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to turn ambiguous problems into clear solutions
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills, with a passion for collaboration across disciplines
- Experience communicating complex topics to audiences with different backgrounds
- A passion for the audio space and cultural equity and impact
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.