Looking for a new adventure? You've come to the right place.
We're an Amsterdam-based team of 40+ individuals with 15+ nationalities among us! A varied bunch of ‘citizens of the world’ with a range of cool skills and hundreds of thousands of kilometers under our travel belts. And we have something important in common (other than our very well-worn passports):
We want to change the way people travel.
And that's exactly what we're doing, with the travel app to plan, track, and relive trips in a smart and beautiful way.
Polarsteps has over 5 million users already, but for us, this is just the beginning. We have big plans for the future, and so we need even more talented and enthusiastic people to help us on our journey.
Want to know more about us? Here you go.
Your expedition: Product at Polarsteps
If you haven't seen our app yet, go ahead and check it out, you'll see that we care (a lot) about providing a seamless, top-quality user experience for every one of our travelers. And it is this that has got us ratings of 4.8* and 4.7* on the app stores (where we’ve been featured multiple times). But it doesn’t stop there — not only did Google create this
awesome video about us, but we’ve been mentioned in two of Apple’s WWDC keynote speeches!
We’ve got an impressive past, but we’re even more excited for the future — and the impact you can make from day one is huge, with everything you ship affecting more than 5 million users.
We work with cross-disciplinary Product teams - where you will be helping us to build a product from scratch, going from 0-1. Being in the unknown does not make you feel uncomfortable, you’re enjoying the adventure!
What your journey at Polarsteps will look like day-to-day.
- Find product-market fit for our Inspiration & Planning pillar, and validate whether our inspiration content can serve as a new growth channel (SEO). This means that there will be a strong focus on discovery and innovation; implementing new concepts that best help the user with orientation and get them going in planning their next trip.
- Own product initiatives end-to-end, in close cooperation with the product, design, tech, and editorial teams. You'll have a deep understanding of our product, the travel market, and, most importantly, our users. This means asking the right questions, measuring and analyzing data, and always striving to learn from your peers.
- Prioritize those features that have a real impact over the stuff that doesn't matter as much, using your intuition and experience while always validating and measuring your assumptions.
- Translate big and complex topics into small and testable stories, striving to make the tasks and outcomes comprehensible for everyone you're working with.
- Play an active role in our agile rituals, facilitating retrospectives, reviews, demos, and daily standup meetings, as well as making sure that work is properly refined before going into a planning session..
The equipment in your backpack
What we're hoping you'll bring with you.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager for a technology company (preferably at a fast-growing scale-up).
- Experience within startups/scaleups or products that did not have product-market fit yet.
- A track record of building meaningful mobile consumer apps.
- A passion for travel with an innate curiosity about the world.
- A passion for great UX/UI and creating a great (app) experience.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and empathizing with people with different personalities.
- Kudos if you have experience with bringing a Product from 0 to 1.
1st class extras
Some cool things to make the journey extra sweet.
- A yearly free flight or train ride to a random location! Give our Teleporter a spin here.
- A shiny new MacBook to work your magic on.
- Hybrid working. Split your time between the office and your home as you see fit.
- An extensive home office set-up — everything from noise-canceling headphones to a standing desk.
- 30 days of vacation (for adventures or sitting on the couch, it's up to you).
- Two paid Culture Days for days that are important to you but not recognized by the official Dutch calendar.
- The option to switch up your zoom background by working from another country for up to 8 weeks a year.
- A personal development budget for that curious mind of yours!
- A pension plan to help you save for those around-the-world retirement trips.
- Delicious daily team lunches.
- Awesome monthly parties, as well as team trips away.
- A lively office in downtown Amsterdam, with travel costs reimbursed.
- Free Polarsteps Travel Books to contain all your far-flung adventures.
At Polarsteps, we believe the best products are built by people as diverse as the travelers using our apps! That's why we specifically encourage people underrepresented in the tech industry to apply for a role with us. Because we believe that diversity — be it age, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnicity, or gender identity — makes both the world and the workplace better.
Think this is the path for you? Find out more about how we hire.