The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Blend to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to join Spotify’s Personalization, Talk Audio team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building capabilities that allow us to understand talk audio content to deliver relevant, safe, podcast recommendations. Currently reaching hundreds of millions of users per month, we rely on innovative machine learning and human curation to serve personalized podcast recommendations.
What you'll do
- Define and drive the vision for the talk audio personalization. Build a roadmap for the team by understanding user and strategic needs for Talk Audio recommendations, using data insights and working closely with stakeholders
- Prioritize new features based on user needs, alignment with the company’s short- and long-term goals, and technical platform scalability
- Define metrics and KPIs we will use to measure the success of the features your team builds
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in building and shipping ML-driven products at scale together with teams of designers, engineers and data scientists
- You have delivered projects that have shown proven impact for your business
- You are experienced in making hard data-informed decisions (A/B testing and experimentation, data analysis, defining metrics)
- You have developed intuitions but match that with deep analytical thinking and systems-level thinking to focus on the things that matter most and build long-lasting platform products
- You are passionate about building products in a rapidly changing landscape and good at sorting out ambiguity
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
Where you'll be
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be in Boston or New York, with frequent collaboration with teams in Stockholm, London, and other European and US locations.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern US time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.