Senior Product Manager - Payin Pricing
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Cards Payin team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission to make card payments eventually free, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
The Cards Payin team enables our customers to add and send money using cards in the most convenient and cost-effective way. You’ll own the “cost-effectiveness” part of that mission by ensuring that our customers make card payments at the minimum possible price.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Cards Payin team:
- Help the team pursue Mission Zero by discovering and identifying cost reduction opportunities and challenging card price fundamentals.
- Monitor upcoming changes in the card cost structure: new interchange fee rates and scheme fees.
- Come up with solutions to offset possible cost/price increases and lead the effort to implement them.
- Work proactively with the product analyst to identify potential price changes and coordinate required effort: customer communications, configuration changes, etc.
- Own deals with payment schemes enabling special pricing for Wise.
- Lead negotiations with payment service providers on reducing card transaction processing prices.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our Mission Zero. You will need to figure out and build solutions so that our customers can make card payments at the minimum possible price and even – eventually – for free.
- Choose your path for impact. We’re not here to tell you what to do. You’ll prioritise the biggest problems to solve and help your team design the best ways to solve them. You’ll get feedback from smart people across the company, but you will keep the freedom to make decisions alongside your team, take risks and learn.
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen. It’s all about your impact on the mission.
- Grow as a leader. You’re more than welcome to expand your ownership area and build a dedicated team around the mission of making card payments eventually free.
- Payments are your passion. You know how different payment methods and schemes work and how they can serve best to resolve customer needs. You know the typical problems with card payments that customers have, and you're eager to solve them.
- You know the card cost structure. You know precisely how card cost components work within different types of card payments, and you understand how to optimise them.
- You inspire others. You can clearly explain the customers' problems and include the right team members to discuss solutions. You can work with the team to develop an inspiring product vision.
- You know how to coordinate a team's effort. You have a track record of delivering complex projects across multiple teams. You are comfortable working closely with engineers to get to the right solutions.
- You are data-driven. You can dive into data to identify opportunities and then measure your impact. You prioritise the value you can add to customers and get the entire company behind you by telling stories with data.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.