Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
Data security is the main reason for customers looking for on premise solutions. The On-Prem team will be responsible for the discovery to understand customer needs and identify a solution that covers the following for the Mapbox platform - security maintenance and updates, access control, data management, token management, and insider access control.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Sr. Product Manager to partner with a passionate group of engineers, sales, and security teams, as well as a variety of external customers and internal stakeholders to offer Mapbox solutions that meet the data security needs of our customers in Telecommunications, Automotive, Business Intelligence, Energy and Utility, Government, and more. You are a product leader who is comfortable using data to inform decisions, demonstrates customer empathy, and has solid instincts.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 4+ years as a Product Manager: You have seen a significant product through a full lifecycle of discovery, development, launch, and adoption.
- Customer focus: You care deeply about your customer’s problems with a keen eye towards design and user experience.
- Analytical: You have strong SQL skills and use data for decision making.
- Prioritization: You have clear rationale behind the tradeoffs you make.
- Communication: You can talk and write about complex ideas concisely.
- Collaboration: You can work with global cross-functional teams to determine dependencies and communicate them effectively.
- Ownership: You can develop and execute a plan based on high level direction for feature or product development.
- Invent & Simplify: You drive toward the simplest possible solution that drives the most value for customers.
- Technical Chops: You understand and can explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity