Hello! I’m LJ, Group Product Manager at Customer.io.
I’m looking for someone to help make Customer.io the go-to messaging solution for teams building mobile apps. You’ll drive the roadmap for a product squad, shaping the features and Software Development Kit (SDK) capabilities that mobile app teams need when connecting with their customers.
This role is perfect for you if you love staying on top of how mobile apps are created. You’ll learn directly from exceptional mobile app developers about what they need to run their communications. You’ll build expertise in the rapidly changing environment of iOS and Android development. You’ll take those insights and partner with your squad to ship software that makes it easier for them to make their perfect communication strategy a reality.
What you'll do
- You'll lead a squad consisting of engineers and a designer to achieve strategic outcomes with solutions that are:
- Valuable (our customers choose to use)
- Viable (the solution works within the constraints of the business)
- Usable (our customers can figure out how to use)
- Feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement)
- You'll contribute a deep knowledge of our prospects and customers, industry trends, and the competitive landscape.
- You’ll find and nurture ideas from anywhere in the company, expecting many of the best ideas will not be your own.
- You'll take accountability for results, even though you're working through others to achieve them.
What we're looking for
- You can commit to at least 3 hrs of working overlap with the Americas (GMT-8 to GMT-5 timezone)
- You have a track record of successfully taking software products from “idea” to “shipped”.
- You’ve got infectious energy when sharing customer stories, and you use those stories to align your team around the customer’s experience.
- You’re hungry to learn, and love asking “Why?” one more time.
- You know how to source, analyze, and present quantitative and qualitative data.
- You’re an exceptionally organized and motivated person.
- You take ownership of problems even when the next steps and solutions aren't clear.
- You are a proactive communicator who believes in “working out loud” to share work early and often.
- You’re an excellent writer who values clarity and brevity while avoiding jargon.
Bonus! Not a requirement, but let us know if you have experience with...
- Building and launching mobile apps.
- Working as a Product Manager on B2B SaaS products (especially in the MarTech space).
- Using Customer.io or other marketing automation services in a previous role.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,000 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track the performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $145,000 - $169,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST on Friday, August 12th and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us about your favorite mobile app. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by August 19th with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30-minute video call with Maria, Recruiter
60-minute video call with Lj, Hiring Manager
Take Home Assignment
Assignment Review Call with two potential team members