Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to build thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our benefits at Meetup include:
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 16 weeks of paid family leave + option for addition unpaid leave
- 14 Company holidays
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual learning and development budget
- 401K with employer match
Every year, millions of people RSVP to an eclectic variety of Meetups around the world. Activity on Meetup is changing and growing faster than ever and by studying it, we’re learning how to help members discover the groups and events that are right for them -- sparking new ways to make their worlds come alive than ever before.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to help write the next chapter for the world's largest network of local communities. You’ll play a pivotal role in developing the company's roadmap and shipping products that will spark explosive growth on and off the Meetup platform. You should have a solid reputation for building great products that have a big impact, as well as a proven track record of execution at tech companies.
Who we’re looking for:
As Senior Product Manager dedicated to building and owning the member-facing mobile experience, you will help define the product vision and strategy for our fast-growing iOS and Android applications and lead the discovery and delivery of new features designed to exceed the needs of Meetup’s members. You should have a passion for making data-driven product decisions supported by both metrics and user research and have a track record of successfully collaborating with multiple cross-functional stakeholders as well as product managers, engineers, and designers to ensure a Mobile First mindset. Your ultimate goal is to build a high-quality product that drives engagement from our customers.
What you’ll get to do:
- Be the product manager for the mobile apps team, leading the end-to-end product development process, shipping features across both our iOS and Android apps, using data and user research to guide your and the team’s decision-making
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Clearly articulate, document, and communicate work, plans, roadmaps, and decisions using impactful user stories, problem statements, briefs and presentations both inside and outside your team
- Lead the product development process for your team to achieve amazing results consistently by establishing metrics to measure product and team success
- Take full ownership of your work, taking responsibility for every detail each step of the way
- Inspire your team to create their best work.
- Ability to think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
- Work cross functionally alongside engineering, design, marketing, customer support and other counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building top-notch consistent product experiences.
- Partner with other PMs to articulate the long, medium, and short term opportunities, facilitating alignment exercises when needed (e.g. design sprints, workshops, planning)
- Build a deep understanding of Meetup’s business and guide the iteration of its design systems, inter-dependencies, and product roadmap as well as our product development process
You're our ideal teammate if:
- You want to help change a company and position one of the Internet's great brands for explosive growth.
- You develop and drive forward the mobile product vision to align with the company vision and help inform product and design team roadmaps and goal setting.
- You've held a senior product role (in-house) at a consumer tech or e-commerce company.
- You've launched great iOS and Android apps.
- You're obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship
- You collaborate successfully with designers and engineers.
- You think strategically but you also love getting your hands dirty.
- You're up on all the latest trends in mobile, voice, payments, and other emerging platforms and you have a strong instinctual sense of where things are going so that you can ensure Meetup's continuing success in the future.
- Bonus: You have international experience. Meetup is translated into 12 languages, with more being added soon.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,000 - $150,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. This role can be located anywhere in the US.