Senior Product Manager - Merchant Risk
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Receive squad in London, UK (or Tallinn, Estonia). This role is a unique opportunity to build a Merchant Risk function from scratch and take a 0-1 product journey and also have an impact on Wise’s mission to make card payments eventually free, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
The Receive squad enables our business customers to request money using a variety of payment methods, including cards. You will be responsible to scale multiple products that enable our customers to receive card payments with specific focus on reducing Merchant Risk.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Request Money product:
- Own the vision for Merchant Risk domain and establish the KPI metrics to measure the success
- Own roll out strategy to multiple regions, new product offering and scaling merchant onboarding from a Risk standpoint
- Own the cost structure for fraud and related risks and define control measure
- Build the team to support you in implementing the vision for the domain
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our Mission Zero. You will make sure that our costs related to Fraud and Risk are controlled so we can offer the best price to our customers and eventually bring it to zero.
- Choose your path for impact. We’re not here to tell you what to do. You’ll prioritise the biggest problems to solve and help your team design the best ways to solve them. You’ll get feedback from smart people across the company, but you will keep the freedom to make decisions alongside your team, take risks and learn.
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen. It’s all about your impact on the mission.
- Grow as a leader. You’re more than welcome to expand your ownership area and build a dedicated team around the mission of making card payments eventually free.
- Payments are your passion. You know how different payment methods and schemes work and how they can serve best to resolve customer needs. You know the typical problems with card payments that customers have, and you're eager to solve them.
- You understand Merchant Onboarding Risk. You understand how risk for cards works and you have an idea of how to balance risk with growth and scale
- You inspire others. You can clearly explain the customers' problems and include the right team members to discuss solutions. You can work with the team to develop an inspiring product vision.
- You know how to coordinate a team's effort. You have a track record of delivering complex projects across multiple teams. You are comfortable working closely with engineers to get to the right solutions.
- You are data-driven. You can dive into data to identify opportunities and then measure your impact. You prioritize the value you can add to customers and get the entire company behind you by telling stories with data.
- Flexible working - whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible.
- Stock options in a profitable company.
- Generous parental leave.
- Private healthcare plan.
- Pension scheme.
- Relocation support.
- Loads of development opportunities.
- A fun work environment with social activities and events.
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.