Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative product manager to help discover, define and launch an innovative new product offering within Snyk.
Snyk is used by over two million developers, from those working on open source projects to teams in large enterprise organizations.
We secure the code you write, with Snyk Code, the libraries you depend upon with Snyk Open Source, the containers you package it all into with Snyk Container, and lastly the infrastructure that you run it on with Snyk Cloud.
Applications are composed of many layers and services. Snyks platform scans each of these at every stage of the developer lifecycle producing a comprehensive list of security issues across your whole application.
For security teams it’s hard to triage and prioritize which issues should be fixed first and for developers not every issue poses a real exploitable risk to their application, so it does not require their valuable time to make a change.
We believe there is an opportunity to solve this problem in a new way, by looking at how developers write, build, deploy and run their applications.
We want to collect as much data as we can, from as many applicable sources as we can, in order to make data informed and risk based prioritization decisions.
- Snyk generated - what open source dependencies you’re using, or how you’ve configured your cloud infrastructure.
- Partnership & 3rd party integrations - observing how your application is running in production
- User input - such as business context on the purpose of your application
We’re looking for a product manager to work as an integral part of a balanced team with design, engineering and security researchers, partnering closely with customers to deliver incremental value.
You’ll spend your time
- Talking with our customers, and potential customers, to understand their needs, gather feedback and requirements, and collaborate with them to build and validate solutions
- Develop and execute a product vision and strategy for how we integrate security into developers daily lives
- Partnering with design & engineering to research, test and iteratively ship new features on a continual basis.
- Working with your peers in the Go to Market teams to lead prospective customer calls and support customers to adopt the product successfully.
- Digging into the data to form hypothesis, make recommendations and measure their impact
- Defining and then communicating the product roadmap, both inside Snyk and to customers and prospects
- Researching the surrounding market, with an eye on gaps in the market, competitors and potential partnerships
- Diving deep into the problem space - learning about how developers are using and securing their applications, putting yourself in their shoes.
- Your first month in the role will shadow the Product Group Lead, build a demo app, and get familiar with all of Snyk’s products, users, pain points, and roadmap. After 3 months, you’ll take the lead on identifying opportunities, driving research and iterating on solutions to problems through collaborating closely with design & engineering.
You should apply if you
- Have a strong product toolkit, enabling you to go from discovery to definition to delivery
- Have product management experience in some or all of B2B SaaS, developer tooling or familiarity with the needs of security & development teams. (If you’re not sure you meet this but are interested in the problem, please apply anyway!)
- Enjoy championing product practices amongst your peers and the rest of the organization
- Care deeply about being user centric, research driven and data led and practicing great product management skills.
- Are interested in the intersection of security and developer experience
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and enjoy helping others to learn new things
- Comfortable within distributed work environments, collaborating across time zones and cultures and working with technical oriented teams
We’d especially love to hear from you if you
- Have previously taken a new product or large initiative from early discovery through to launch and scaled it
- Have previously worked on a security scanning product, cloud infrastructure or DevOps tooling
- Have a good understanding of security, such as vulnerabilities
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances