We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world.
As the Courier/Glover Experience - Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and building features that improve efficiency, reduce costs and shape courier behaviours to deliver products faster to our customers.
This position will allow you to work on one of the essential pillars of Glovo platform across diverse geographies and operational challenges. You’ll collaborate with engineering, design, and stakeholders across the organization to deliver products that scale over millions of orders across Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Examples include - scoring and ranking mechanisms for our couriers, shaping courier behaviour, and improve efficiency (number of orders a courier delivers per hour) by re-thinking and experimenting different ways in which we can save every second in their journey.
You would directly impact couriers lives at a global scale with ownership on improving metrics such as efficiency, cost per order, which are key to building a profitable business.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- As a Senior PM you will own an area of features within the courier team.
- Efficiency is at the heart of on-demand delivery. As a product manager, you will work on features to increase the number of orders a courier can deliver an hour - every second counts.
- Reduce costs per order by building products that promote the right behaviours (work often, accept all orders, do them fast) at the same time providing flexibility to work when they want with us.
- Work with data scientists and use machine learning to detect fraud and anomalies in city operations.
- Formulate features that brings couriers with varied vehicle types (think cars, motorcycles, electric bikes, cycles) to work with glovo.
- Rank and work on scoring mechanisms to reward high performing couriers
- Work with a stellar team that works on backend and front-end apps - iOS and Android.
- Collaborate with engineering, supply and live operations teams and the senior PM to develop and maintain a prioritized product backlog, and execute on delivering
- Define and communicate product requirements and specifications by thinking creatively about how to solve problems that have never been solved before at this scale
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders
- Ship fast and often
- Job is based in Barcelona
- 5+ years delivering highly successful and innovative consumer mobile and fullstack products
- It’s a Plus - if you’ve worked in an on-delivery/transport company
- You understand how to ask the right questions and deduce insights from both quantitative and qualitative data. A/B experimentation and data-driven decision making are natural to you.
- You have a deep desire and hunger to build and work in the on-demand delivery space. You want to build products that can affect millions of lives and make the gig economy successful.
- Team Player - you can motivate your teammates to create amazing products. You’re great at making tough decisions in a sea of ambiguity and keeping everyone on track. You have the passion and you are ready to learn and take on ambitious features.
- Superb communication—you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You make complex ideas understandable, and craft specs that are easy for multiple audiences to consume
- Technical know-how is a must—you have a solid understanding of how software is made and how it works.
- Experience in UX Wireframing and working with product designers
- Deep understanding of data, experience with SQL
- Degree in CS, Computer Engineering or Industrial Engineering (this is not a marketing position!!)
- Fluent in English
- Our core values are quintessential to us:
- Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
- Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Couriers, Partners, and Users are in the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
- Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
- Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
- Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
- If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own time)
Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
Discounted Gym memberships
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Wanna take a peek into what it's like to work at Glovo? Follow us on Instagram
and like us on Facebook
*Holding an EU Work Permit is required for this position
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/