✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don't need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
🌏 Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
🌈 Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
🏆 Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
🦄 Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
What you'll be working on
Oyster is a constantly evolving and fast-paced startup where you will work with business and engineering teams to deliver software solutions from its design to release. As Senior Product Manager working on the Care team, your goal is to deliver new functionality and improve efficiencies that fundamentally increase the value of Oyster internally and externally.
What you'll do…
- Define the experience to hire and manage contractors via the Oyster platform
- Imagine how to extend the Oyster Contractor offering
- Define success criteria and key performance indicators in early stages of features.
- Work with cross-functional teams in Legal, Finance, Customer Support and Operation to deliver the most compliant, efficient and delightful experience to our users.
- Work with engineering and design to deliver and maintain a product roadmap while continuously reviewing and prioritizing the product backlog.
- Drive the product rollout, support aspects, and collecting feedback from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver communications on product roadmap, status and concerns to stakeholders, management, and other partners.
What we're looking for…
- 3+ years of product management experience in a SaaS environment.
- Analytical thinking for the wide range of combinations and permutations of global hiring information.
- Extraordinary communication skills with the ability to present in writing and video to all levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to drive discussions on requirements, design, progress, and status.
- Proactive and uses independent judgment to navigate technical and functional subjects.
- Experience with implementing new tools across an organization.
- Be competent. Embrace the uncomfortable. Always be learning. Be unquestionably ethical and transparent. Have humility. Work hard. Celebrate wins. Be a team player.
Highly valued experiences …
- Working with HR or Legal products such as HR Information Systems, Human Capital Management Systems, Contract Lifecycle Management Platforms, or other products supporting HR or Legal operations
- Working with international teams and a desire for remote work
- Working in high growth startups or fast paced organizations
You'll also need...
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ—to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created a program to support YOU and your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you're authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: We give you a laptop and $1500 for equipment so you can have your remote office up and running in no time. Check out Equipment at Oyster for more details.
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email [email protected] with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.