The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We have ambitious plans in Freemium to build the next-generation multi-dimensional Commerce platform, and we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the team. This role will join our Core Commerce Capabilities product area, focussing on the payments domains that are being built to serve the whole company’s vision, including new and emerging revenue streams. In this role, you will play a key part in shaping the payments capabilities we build and will have a significant impact on one of the world’s largest subscription-based platforms.
What You'll Do:
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for our pay-in domain based on an understanding of business and user needs.
- Identify the most critical opportunities to be addressed next and lay out the vision for all other team members to follow.
- Work closely with stakeholders and a skilled team of cross-functional peers to define a roadmap that balances unlocking new opportunities, meeting current business needs, developing our existing stack and managing technical debt.
- Contribute a genuine passion and enthusiasm for your product and mission.
- Demonstrate and help instill platform thinking and user-focused development practices.
Who You Are:
- You're an experienced Product Manager with strong product craft, a technical background, with previous experience building and setting a vision for payment products.
- You have several years of experience working with technical teams in the payments domain.
- You have a genuine curiosity about building user-centric products and solving sophisticated problems.
- Highly collaborative and you thrive working in cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in building platforms used by large ecosystems of users and businesses.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship-building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context.
- You are passionate about building exceptional experiences and understand what an extraordinary platform that meets these needs looks like.
- You know how to encourage, empower and support a team to get things done.
- You can influence and partner optimally across all levels of an organization, and regularly use these skills to improve the work going on around you.
Where you'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.