Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 650 people, powering operations in 21 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact
. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
About the Job:
Within our product department, you will have the chance to enhance the seller experience during the product listing process on our marketplace and ensure that our product catalog is organized in a manner that facilitates easy product discovery for our customers.
Your primary mission is to:
- Accelerate the publishing process for sellers, streamlining their workflow, and optimizing our catalog to make it easier for customers to locate desired products.
- Establish effective API connections with seller tools, such as ERPs and integrators, to assist sellers in publishing their products on our platform and increasing their sales through their own systems
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🏅
- You will be the entry point for all stakeholders and other teams to understand the short, medium and long term priorities, and translate the company vision and OKRs into a product vision and roadmap.
- You will lead efforts to maintain and enhance our product catalog, ensuring accurate product listings, categorization, and data quality.
- You will collaborate with internal and external partners to identify opportunities for integrating with third-party systems and tools. You will drive the development of robust integrations to improve seller satisfaction and efficiency.
- You will be regularly in contact with sellers to understand their needs to build the products they want.
- You will be the daily partner of the Engineering Manager and work seamlessly with engineers of various levels of experience.
- You will liaise with all relevant Back Market counterparts (Marketing, Operation, designer, researchers, etc.) and different squads to ensure that your product fits perfectly into the Back Market experience, on all channels (Back-Office, CSV, APIs).
- Thanks to your ownership, you know how to adjust priorities if necessary, communicate, work closely with engineers to ensure our quality standards and respect our commitments.
- You will be in charge of creating, maintaining and delivering features, in collaboration with business stakeholders, designers and engineers.
- You will be the one communicating on the risks and impacts of your roadmap and features, and you will be responsible for anticipating potential problems and dependencies.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF: ⭐
- You are fluent in english
- You have strong experience (+5 years) as a PM working on B2B products or/and e-commerce platform. Bonus points if you have been evolving in a scale up environment.
- You have strong experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and you are able to shape product discovery and delivery according to agile principles.
- You have already led transversal initiatives across your organization, involving the alignment of several teams and stakeholders. Bonus points if you have been dealing with catalog topics or 3rd party integration in the past.
- You are a brilliant communicator, your peers define you as a facilitator. Your interpersonal skills will be crucial for that role to build strong relationships with stakeholders and top management.
- You have an analytical mind, and even better, an analytics background. Monitoring our key performance indicators / being able to define targeted increments is part of your daily life.
- Data is your secret weapon to better frame and measure the quality of our features and increments
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.
Back Market is helping to address one of the biggest challenges of our time: climate change. We take this so seriously that we were awarded status as a “Société à Mission”, or company with a social mission, by the French government. We know we can’t tackle a global problem without a globally representative team so we are committed to embedding diversity, equity and inclusion principles in every aspect of our organization. But more importantly, being One Loving & Free Spirited Tribe is in our DNA as it is one of the five foundational values of our company since we got started way back in 2014. We are committed to hiring and supporting diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We know our lofty goals cannot be reached unless everyone has a seat at the table along with the resources and opportunity to grow.