Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
About the role:
Checkout.com is a global leader in online payments, allowing merchants to scale their local footprint by accepting local payment methods. The Alternative Payment Methods team is at the forefront of this initiative, optimising on the customer experience and conversion rate of our customers.As a Senior Product Manager, you will own the vision for our EEA and US APMs portfolio thanks to your knowledge of payments and product craft, owning every step of the product delivery lifecycle and impacting the whole merchants portfolio of Checkout.com.
- Proven experience in e-commerce within financial services
- At least 2+ years of experience in product management building of e-commerce products for merchants, in fraud and/or authentication.
- Knowledgeable in the APMs world, preferably with payment methods in the EEA and US regions
- Self-started, demonstrated ability to drive outcomes and results
- Experience with a range of product delivery methodologies such as Agile or Kanban
- Experience with leading discovery and writing/maintaining business and functional product requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Superb communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary team members whilst maintaining the right level of expectations
- Ownership of products across their entire lifecycle
- Provide ongoing support to your Product and Engineering team
- Maintain the product roadmap in collaboration with the Product Director
- Collect, understand, and convey business requirements for given features
- Find and document in detail product solutions to sophisticated intersystem dependencies
- Produce business and functional product requirements as well as input into technical requirements
- Develop, optimize, and document business processes as required, especially for launch of new products
- Conduct day to day management of formal change requests in relation to changes in the product roadmap and business priorities
- Highlight, report, and handle delivery risks and issues
- Coordinating with teams on mandate compliance and keeping up to date with the latest compliance updates
- Critical metric building - ensuring the team are tracking the relevant KPI’s and actively monitoring them
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.