Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised$150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for delivering end-to-end user
experiences and contributing to various aspects of team and product development, which
makes your role extremely important for our success, ensuring customer satisfaction, loyalty,
- Create end-to-end experiences, from start to finish.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UXR and UXW to define design solutions.
- Create and deliver high-quality user interfaces that help improve the overall design language of our products.
- Have a 360o view of the area you're working on and the business in general.
- Collaborate, assist and review junior designers.
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Present design projects to stakeholders and gather feedback.
- Develop exhaustive design handoffs, and follow design implementations with developers.
- Conduct design and usability tests.
- Actively build and maintain internal design systems.
- Suggest improvements that contribute to the overall direction of our products and strategy.
- Participate in shaping the design culture at YASSIR.
- Help maintain and improve the internal design process.
- A computer science graduate, relevant degree, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience designing digital experiences, in a professional environment.
- Portfolio showcasing your work and great visual skills and attention to detail.
- Experience designing web and mobile apps.
- Ability to dissect and simplify complex problems.
- High understanding of iOS and Android design language and system behavior and platform standards in general.
- Advanced design tools mastery, such as Sketch or Figma.
- Proficient in creating high-fidelity prototypes.
- Complete mastery of design principles.
- Strong knowledge of the product development process.
- Always up to date with design industry news and best practices.
- Large knowledge of design patterns.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, you enjoy working in teams and sharing your experience and knowledge with others.
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop strong design leadership skills.
- Experience working and building Design Systems.
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
*Research shows that women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all of the requirements. We would like to hear from you if you feel you would be a good fit for us!
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? Then you absolutely have to send us your application. 🚀
PS: And if you want to stand out in your application, just let us know in your cover letter why we should have in our team. 💡
Diversity & Inclusion & Engagement:
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we believe diverse teams are more successful in the long term. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and we encourage all people equally to apply for jobs with us.