The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer, experienced in Service Design, to join our Messaging product team - A passionate, cross functional team that is dedicated to building a unified, multi-channel messaging platform that advances the Spotify mission by orchestrating a remarkable messaging experience for across the entire user lifecycle.
While we are passionate about building out internal tools and infrastructure, we take a human-centric product approach where UX and design is a critical component. In this role you will have the opportunity to interact with many roles and functions across Spotify and, together with our product teams, work to improve the messaging user experience.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the definition of the messaging and communication experience for Spotify listeners and conceptualize and drive decision-making for how it is operationalized with our internal teams.
- Work across small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, insights, design, and marketing, among others.
- Use research, data, workshops and interviews to craft internal business processes and capabilities required to deliver on initiatives.
- Build tailored artifacts such as presentations, visual maps, service maps, sophisticated journey maps, service blueprints, etc. to help stakeholders and partners understand and drive relevant paths forward.
- Plan and lead co-creation workshops with internal stakeholders and partners as part of analysis and design of new experiences and processes.
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters.
- Explore and articulate options for process propositions beyond product propositions based on knowledge of partner/operations/systems context.
- Work with your peers in Insights, Research, Engineering, Design, Product, and Marketing to turn workflow brainstorms and business needs into user journey diagrams and service blueprints that can be consumed internally at all levels.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- You’ll take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and workflows, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
Who you are
- You have 6+ years of experience delivering excellent design as a Service Designer, Information Architect, Product Designer, Interaction Designer or similar.
- You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You love to collaborate with lots of different functions.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build services/systems/products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You love thinking big, and at the same time, you know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge and fit right into our growth-focused culture.
- You're adept at navigating complex, fast paced organisations.
- You are constantly looking to hone your instincts through a variety of inputs – including trend analysis, benchmarks, feedback and data insight.
- The ideal candidate has previous experience working in a business/technical consulting environment, but not mandatory.
- Please provide an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us, ensuring you provide any necessary passwords. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are proficient in Figma (not essential).
- Please provide a brief explanation in your application of why you believe you're a fit for this role, while highlighting your portfolio. Please ensure you provide any necessary passwords.Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- We ask that our team members be located within Central Standard time zone, Eastern Standard time zone, or Brasília time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration