Our team of 90+ designers and user researchers is split into three departments covering User Experience Research, Product- and Brand Design. All designers work embedded in product tribes, in market facing teams or as part of a Global Design team. We are building additional capabilities in areas including industrial design, motion design, data visualization, UX writing and design operations.
As an experienced Product Designer, you will be joining one of our cross-functional teams building the SumUp Point-of-Sales Pro solution. Our commitment is to create simple yet beautiful solutions that cater to our merchant's real-life problems. SumUp POS Pro focuses on enabling our most sophisticated merchants. The current ecosystem of solutions includes three main products:
- iPad based POS, used daily for orders, internal communication with the kitchen and payment
- Dedicated back-office that allows merchants to tailor their POS according to the working habits, analyse their performances through smart reports
- Open API that allows any of our merchants to integrate their tools, but also Tiller to promote our partners
You will become an expert in your specific domain, turning new features for our mobile and web applications from concept into reality. Your empathic thought process and research skills will help you understand the users' problems and make sure we're delivering the right products and features.
As part of the SumUp community, you will work with our Design System, applying and adapting it to the needs of the POS solution(s).
The role can be based in Berlin or remote anywhere in Europe. If you work remotely, you would need to be able to travel to Berlin, London and Paris regularly.
- You have 6+ years of experience as a UX & UI Designer, with deep expertise in one and strong skills in the other.
- Your design process follows a human-centered approach and you apply both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to validate your solutions
- You have deep expertise working with design systems
- You execute across all phases of design work: plan and conduct research, define conceptual foundation for design solutions, execute excellent UX flows, apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, create production ready designs, participate or conduct usability testing and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation.
- You work independently on complex set of features, collaborate with product management and engineering to arrive at optimal solutions, and coordinate across teams to create a holistic merchant experience
- You proactively engage with the design and research chapter and peers to get feedback and optimize the end-2-end customer journey
- You have designed and shipped complex web and mobile applications across the entire product development cycle
- You contribute best-of-class design components and UX patterns to the global design system and commit to upholding the highest standards and a shared vision
- Your excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills will help you communicate the value of design and design rational across the whole company
- Ideally you bring some experience from the food or restaurant industries.
- Knowledge of French/Spanish/German/Italian is a plus.
- BA or MA in Design or related fields, or complementary studies with deep work experience in product design
- Be part of a welcoming and international community of 3000+ people from over 50+ nationalities across 12 global offices. We get together regularly for breakfast, brunches, cocktail nights and office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Yoga classes, subsidized Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits
- Football, Bouldering & Running teams
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme and 28 days’ paid leave
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates (especially female candidates) feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.