The Pennylane mission
Our mission at Pennylane is to empower Accountants and businesses to become more productive and collaborative. Through our B2B SaaS platform accountants and businesses are able to save significant amounts of time by simplifying data-entry, invoice management and reconciliation tasks allowing them to spend more time advising their clients and building new business opportunities.
We aim to become the most beloved financial operating system in Europe.
Pennylane is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in France (and soon to be in Europe!)
In 3 years of existence, we’ve managed to :
💻 Make ourselves known as a groundbreaking accounting and financial software for small businesses and their accountants
💰 Raise a total of €84 millions, including from Sequoia 🌲, the famous fund from the Silicon Valley who invested early in companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe, Paypal and much more...
👨👩👧👦 Grow from 7 cofounders to 350+ happy Pennylaners (180 of them on the Product & Tech side) : we’re now recognized as one of the greatest places to work in France (but also remotely), with a 5/5 rating on Glassdoor
and an e-NPS of 94.
🌍 Build an international environment with more than 30 nationalities, with a strong remote-friendly culture, where 35% of the employees are already working from all parts of Europe
Design at Pennylane
Design sits at the centre of this mission and its purpose is to deliver a seamless, accessible and enjoyable experience for our users. Our team of 20+ product designers work across different tracks that are divided into cross-functional squads each consisting of Engineering, Product and Design. Autonomy, trust and transparency are the key values upon which our culture is built, this is directly reflected in how our designers operate on a day-to-day basis. At Pennylane, designers are expected to actively contribute all the way from defining the problem space, to research and testing.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Product Designer to join Analytics Squad within our SME track. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in designing apps, who understands the intricacies of creating intuitive and visually appealing interfaces. Collaborating closely with our dedicated team of Developers and Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the way our users interact with our innovative financial services. If you are passionate about delivering exceptional user experiences and thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you.
Conduct user research: Engage in user interviews, surveys, and usability testing to gain insights into user behaviours, needs, and pain points, and translate those findings into actionable design improvements.
Create wireframes and prototypes: Use tools like Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD to produce wireframes and interactive prototypes that effectively communicate the user flow, information architecture, and interaction patterns of the mobile app.
Design intuitive and visually appealing interfaces: Craft user-centric designs that enhance the overall usability and aesthetics of the mobile application, ensuring a seamless and delightful user experience.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work closely with dedicated developers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to understand technical constraints, align on project goals, and iterate on designs based on feedback and insights from the team.
Conduct design reviews: Participate in design critiques and provide constructive feedback to improve the quality and effectiveness of design solutions, within the Product Design team, squad and the business.
Conduct usability testing: Plan and execute usability tests to validate design decisions, identify areas for improvement, and refine the user experience of the mobile application.
Good communication skills in both French and English languages are required.
WHAT you can expect from your role at Pennylane:
- You’ll learn everything about our company, our teams and our vision during the first onboarding week.
- You’ll get acquainted with the people you will work with : the Design team, Lead within your track, and of course, our users.
- You will start to feel comfortable within the SME track and the Actionable insights / Analytics squad (~6 people).
- You'll be joining Analytics squad within our SME track.
- You will have a great appetite for Data.
- You are not afraid of complexity (that you perhaps have some background in fintech / data oriented products such as Amplitude, Graphana, Datadog, Hotjar or any other SaaS providing business insights to their clients). As this would be a complex environment, having that experience is a must.
- You will have a good understanding of the business topics, whether coming from entrepreneurial background or having a good understanding of Product Management topics, as this squad is is very transversal and quite complex, both business wise and tech wise.
- You'll thrive on uncovering and solving complex problems by leveraging data and insights within the design process.
- You'll be fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and engaged design team culture.
- You'll be comfortable effectively communicating design concepts and future directions to senior stakeholders, inspiring positive action within the team.
- You'll portray that collaboration is at the core of your approach. You’ll enjoy working closely with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers, actively seeking and valuing feedback while actively participating in brainstorming sessions to generate innovative ideas.
What we do to make your work life easier
🏢 You'll be able to work remotely from anywhere in Europe, as long as your contract allows you to
💵 You’ll have a compensation package
📈 You'll get company shares to enjoy a piece of the success story you're building with us
🏡 You’ll have a budget to turn your home into a more comfortable workspace, as well as a monthly allowance to work from a coworking space whenever you feel like it
⛹️Through our partner Gymlib, you’ll have access to 8000 fitness spaces in Europe and more than 300 activities related to wellness
🇬🇧 You’ll have access to Busuu
to perfect your english or your french
💻 You’ll get the latest Apple equipment
🎉 You’ll be part of a vibrant social community : we do lots of sports together (Foot, running, climbing...), we love to hang out and have a drink together (Thursday afterwork drinks on our rooftop is a usual thing. Twice-a-year we do company seminars, last time we went to enjoy the late summer in Provence - and it was fabulous !)
And.. If you're based in France :
🏢 You’ll be able to work fully from your home or any co-working space in France, or from our wonderful office in the center of Paris
🏝You’ll get 10 additional days off (to the 25 standard ones) to rest and do what you love each year
🍜 You’ll have lunch credits (Swile card) to buy your favorite food every day
🏥 You’ll have a great healthcare cover (Alan Blue) to take care of yourself and your family
We're working on providing those last advantages to our people based outside of France as well, but it can be quitemore complex depending on different countries.
What does the recruitment process look like ?
- You will first have an initial call with Katie (Talent Acquisition) - 30 mins
- Meeting with 2 designers from the Design team - 45 mins
- Take at home case study + presentation of the case study with the same designers - 1 hour
- You'll have a call with 2 members of product/tech team for fit - 30 mins
- You’ll have a final call with the Head of Design for fit - 30 mins
We make sure we move fast ; you can expect the recruitment process with us to last between 15 and 25 days in total.
Who are we looking for ?
You may have noticed that there was no section listing the skills or qualities required to apply for this specific job. Researches have shown that some people are less likely to apply than others, if they don’t feel like they meet the full list of criteria. So we have decided to take it down entirely.
We have tried to give you as much details as we could about the purpose, missions and environment of this role; it is now up to you to tell us if you think this is a position in which you could a) have fun and b) bring value to our company.
If you’re hesitating, we encourage you to apply anyway: worst case scenario, you might lose a few minutes, and in the best case, it will be the start of a meaningful and long-lasting collaboration.
We also want to emphasise that we fully embrace diversity and that we’re doing our best to create a safe and inclusive environment. We are committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, disabilities, or any other traits that make you who you are. If anything, diversity makes us a more fun place to work at.
To end with a humble illustration of our commitment, we’ve recently signed the Pacte Parité
to set concrete goals in building a better and more inclusive workplace in the years to come.