Cazoo was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy used cars. We believe everyone deserves to feel total assurance when buying a car. Our vision is to deliver the UK’s best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today. We are backed by top investors and directed by an experienced management team including Founder and CEO, Alex Chesterman, OBE.
Want to help empower Cazoo’s internal colleagues, supporting them with efficient and engaging user experiences while keeping them happy? We're looking for a senior product designer to join our talented team to help drive and build internal tools and technologies at Cazoo. You should be a pro-active problem solver who looks holistically to identify user problems and needs. You should be able to facilitate discovery with your team and have a developed toolkit of tools and techniques to communicate your ideas and develop solutions. You will partner closely with product managers, engineers and researchers to bridge gap between the business process and tools, improve the lives of our distribution team members and ultimately deliver smiles to Cazoo customers.
What you’ll do
- Lead discovery with your team to ensure the work we do adds the most value to the problems we're trying to solve
- Facilitate discovery activities including: usability testing, exploratory research, scenario mapping, journey mapping, Jobs to be Done, etc.)
- Work in an agile squad with engineers, a product manager and a researcher
- Support the rest of your product team by exploring and validating design ideas; this includes being able to prototype, design, test, and iterate on your ideas while working with product managers, developers, researchers and other stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to negotiate outcomes and deliver new or improved products and services that have real impact
You could be working in one of the following areas:
- Distribution where we create tools to help enable our cars to move around the Cazoo network
- Fulfilment where we help to get our cars to our customers
This role is for an expert practitioner who has worked on large-scale and complex projects. You should be able to get stuck in and drive results quickly and effectively.
- Skilled with service design, interaction design and user research, you regularly facilitate workshops and align teams on outcomes
- Specialised in user-centred design practices, with a focus on accessibility and inclusive design in agile, multidisciplinary teams
- You demonstrate a working knowledge of product design in a software team, including how you handle dev constraints, regulatory constraints, and stakeholder feedback.
- You can deliver design across any stage of the product lifecycle, from idea sketching and lo-fi prototypes, to high fidelity design, you're very comfortable with all of it.
- You nurture agreement in teams by having a developed toolkit of product discovery techniques and workshops to help facilitate design discussions and get people aligned on the problem.
- You have demonstrable experience in shipping world-class digital products in cross-functional teams
- You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team
- You have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution, but that’s not what drives you. Your focus is on delivering great experiences and solving problems
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviour into great user experience and design
- You have a strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills
- You love to collaborate, and are at your best when you're working with research, design, product and engineering
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You can actively support more junior members of the team with practical advice and guidance
- You're passionate about evangelising design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
Our London home is located a stone’s throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few hours of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.