With over $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com
platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Jam NOLA have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 250 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, New York, Austin, Nashville, Salt Lake City, Santiago, Medellin and beyond. We recently raised over $80 million backed by Westcap and Goldman Sachs to continue uniting the world through experience.
About the job
Peek has built an amazing suite of tools for tour, attraction, and experience operators to help them run and grow their businesses. Powering over $2 billion in bookings of activities like wine tours, water sports, skydiving, art classes and more, Peek has become a key software provider in the travel industry.
About The Group You’ll Be Joining
Peek.com marketplace is the new extension of this thriving business which will connect consumers with these amazing activities. This role is on the new full-stack team which is designing, developing and launching a modern travel discovery experience. We have a well formed roadmap, big plans and exciting design challenges to solve together.
About The Role
As a Senior Designer you will report to the Head of Marketplace and be the design lead for the Marketplace. You will work on a range of exciting areas such as designing all discovery, search, inspiration and booking flows, experimenting with UX and UI patterns, heavily focusing on mobile and of course bringing in the voice of our customers. As this team grows, in 2023 you will have an opportunity to hire, manage and mentor designers who will be reporting to you.
- Own the end-to-end product design process, from the initial concept through shipping, and beyond
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation with customers
- Create and test rough prototypes early in the design process to create confidence in a solution
- Develop and deliver well-documented and high-fidelity visuals
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer needs
- Help make high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Marketplace team
The Skills You Already Possess
- You have experience with creating design solutions that meet the needs of a two sided marketplace; ideally you have prior experience designing for the travel industry or consumer experiences with geographic considerations.
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating your experience of tackling complex problems with simple elegant solutions.
- Your portfolio must include mobile sites or applications which you designed or directly contributed to.
- You have extensive experience working with Product Managers and Engineers on feasibility, detailed design and finding solutions to complex problems.
- You have collaborated and communicated with senior stakeholders, while getting buy-in and taking people on the journey with you.
- You’ve got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details.
- You like to move quickly, and aren’t afraid of experimentation which may mean that we will try many solutions and throw out the ones that don't match our customers' needs.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Beginning on July 1, you may locate and view the UnitedHealthcare MRFs on the UnitedHealthcare public site by going to transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid parental leave, 401k matching, company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.