Homebound’s mission is to make it possible for anyone, anywhere to build a home using leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it most: communities impacted by natural disasters + communities with massive housing shortages.
With technology behind every step of the process, Homebound delivers unprecedented homeowner experiences + a more efficient build process that will enable us to transform the single family home construction market, and build + rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping hundreds of homeowners in California and Texas, and with over $70M in capital raised from Thrive, Fifth Wall, Google Ventures, Khosla and more, we are expanding faster than ever to help thousands more. Join us!
About The Role:
Homebound's product design organization is expanding and we’re looking for a systems-oriented product designer to join our team. In this role, you’ll partner with our Luxury side of the business that builds luxury homes for individuals and businesses. We are building a technology platform that drives every step of the construction process and anchors our supreme customer experience. We partner with our Architecture, Design, Construction, and Procurement teams to define elegant products and services.
In a growing technology organization, you will be the senior product designer for our Luxury squad. In this role, you will develop the best available technologies, techniques and experience to oversee, bid, and contract for luxury projects and also drive the incorporation of the best of luxury practices into Homebound’s custom home product offering. Success in this role is defined by creating efficiencies in the construction process as well as crafting a delightful user experience for our teammates and customers. If combining your passion for systems thinking and problem discovery is exciting - then this is the role for you.
The Product Design Team at Homebound is an integral and level partner to our product management and engineering teams. For 2022, our team will be focused on improving process mapping and customer journeys, expanding our design system, refining our design sprint methodologies as well as amplifying research findings. This is an environment where we’re making big bets, innovation is encouraged, and we embrace failure and the persistence to continually iterate to solve core problems.
What You'll Do:
- Deep understanding of how our project management teams work across Luxury construction projects and in comparison to our other types of projects; deliverables include deep process flows, wireframes, prototypes, user testing analysis and final design that leverages our design system.
- Proactively build strong relationships with our Luxury team including Architecture, Design, Construction and Procurement. Identify areas of opportunity to ease operational complexity and deliver internal tool experiences that make our team more efficient.
- Partner closely with the Luxury squad; attend rituals, lead workshops, and communicate regularly with product management and engineering.
- Mentor, teach, model, coach and learn from fellow designers. Participate in design review, improve our design system, and keep an eye out for areas of improvements from an operations standpoint.
- Be an advocate for technology within the organization; take time to learn other’s processes and embody the power product design and technology will have on scaling the organization
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ year product design experience
- Strong case study work pointing to deep process flows, systems thinking, and elegant user experience
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline experiences
- Proven ability to effectively work with non-technical teams and translate operational needs into strong workflows and experiences
- Utilized and contributed to a shared design system
- Bonus: Worked in an antiquated industry and re-imagined a better experience for internal operators like healthcare, finance, government, etc.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about deep process workflows and systems thinking
- Flexible; you are excited to work on what will drive the most value for the business
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Pragmatic; you’re able to identify when deeper discovery is needed and when deeper discovery has diminishing returns based on the timeframe and depth of the problem to be solved
- Low ego with an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- A person of integrity who aligns with our core values and will embody our culture
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.