Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our rapidly expanding Wishlist Team. The Wishlist Team at Klarna helps shoppers to discover, save and organize their shopping ideas and help them to purchase them when the time is right. We collaborate closely with all teams in the product experience group to ensure that our users continue to save and curate wishlists. You will be successful in this role if you are excited to build the world's most intuitive and best way to discover and organize shopping ideas in a digital experience.
What you will do:
The Designer will play an integral role in delivering a world-class, save experience for Klarna users. You will be responsible for creating our mobile app UIs, helping users to discover, save and share shopping ideas. You will work closely with the product leader and engineering team to design a great user experience with a focus on making sense of all of the available products that you can shop online. Your team is within our App Ecosystem & Shopping Experience Domain.
- Manage multiple and complex projects around the problem space, being a source of inspiration on craft and execution of design
- Work end-to-end, tackling complex user needs from sketching to low and high fidelity prototypes
- Drive the Product design process from discovery to implementation in one of the problem spaces in shopping area
- Own feature designs that create engaging and immersive experiences across desktop and multiple device types on iOS & Android
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers in your team and collaborate with Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers, and Marketers
- Transform complex and abstract concepts and challenges into well-articulated, tangible solution ideas with a strong problem-solving mindset and craft excellence
- Gain a deep understanding of our target users through observations, research, and analytics so that you can champion their needs
- Use human-centered design methodologies and practices to elevate the customer centricity in your team and stakeholders around you (e.g. conduct workshops, brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Think about design as a system, contributing to and maintaining our design system in order to influence quality and efficiency for all our teams and products
- Help shape the culture of the growing design community at Klarna
- At least 5+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, specifically in consumer-facing mobile and web applications
- Have experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams in iterative product development cycles
- Have a great understanding and showcase of product thinking, storytelling, and design craft
- Effective communicator when articulating your vision, strategy, and decisions of your design solutions
- Strategic and purposeful in making design decisions and you do that by integrating user, business, and technical considerations into your design process. You can identify when to optimize for speed and when to seek for quality and hone into the details
- Self-motivated and autonomous. Successfully prioritize and execute on the projects with quality outcomes
- Experience working in e-commerce, social media, or fashion tech is a plus but not required
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.