Your role as a Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s first foray into a web-based applications that are useful & delightful. You'll become an early and foundational member of a new but high-impact, web team whose shared goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions on new devices, and reaching new customers. You’ll passionately act as the voice of the user. You’ll relentlessly pursue ways to make travelers’ lives easier. Whether you're designing a new way for travelers to shop for flights or creating an engaging onboarding flow, you'll work closely with other Designers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and our partners, to find the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions that provide delightful experiences to consumers.
In this role, you will:
- Design and prototype simple and elegant experiences
- Own all stages of the design process from concept through launch
- Solve product problems with a focus on the best user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Work across all aspects of Hopper to best deliver an experience that customers love
- Seek out, understand and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process
- Test multivariate solutions to iterate to the right design as evidenced by data
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Analysts to prioritize and build new features
- Regularly give and receive feedback with other Designers to ensure quality, consistency, and collaboration
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgment to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process
- You have at least 2-4 years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to understand needs and constraints
- No ego when it comes to product or design
- Experience shipping mobile and desktop products in an agile environment on cross-platform
- Demonstrated experience in both visual and interactive design
- An up-to-date understanding of design best practices and trends
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
- Incredible product judgment
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
- Experience working at scale with Design Systems
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!