Staff Product Designer - Mobile
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their client flow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $8 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team of Product Design, Brand Design, Marketing Design and user research.
The Product Design team works cross-functionally with just about every team from product, to marketing, to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like HoneyBook.
Our native mobile app is crucial in empowering our users to scale and manage their businesses and is in the forefront of HoneyBook’s strategy.
We are looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our Mobile team and lead the design strategy and execution of the HoneyBook native mobile app. We’re looking for people who care deeply about their customers and distill complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences.
Here are a few of the things you'll do...
- Imagine and build unique mobile features for independents on the go. This isn't about feature parity - you’ll identify, advocate and inspire the team with mobile first features which can become differentiators in streamlining and simplifying our users’ workflow.
- Work alongside Product Managers, Engineering Managers and Data Analysts to lead the strategy, direction and execution of HoneyBook’s mobile app.
- Design. Test. Iterate: Transform complex ideas into amazingly simple products. Create wireframes and flows to define features. Rapidly test hypotheses to validate and refine your concepts and improve your designs.
- Work closely with our Design Ops team to utilize, scale and improve our mobile Design System with native mobile patterns and interactions.
- Deliver elegantly-simple solutions to the right problems — defined by qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Lead the creation of unified experiences across the entire customer journey that are contextual and beautiful. Rally with teammates to design a product that our customers can’t imagine living without.
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users more than anyone else in the company — both the emotional needs and the functional needs
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Ship amazing features: Work with team members to stay ahead of issues and make sure projects are delivered on time. Ensure HoneyBook is focused on the right things at the right time. Track key success metrics to inform future feature development.
- Be a leader also outside of your product team, by supporting and mentoring other designers on the team and taking an active role in scaling our design driven culture.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A track record of success. You have 5+ years of experience designing and shipping exceptional products against clear goals, and can provide examples of your recent work and its results.
- Proficient in mobile design. You have extensive experience designing and shipping mobile products and leveraging native mobile patterns and interactions.You have a good knowledge of the different mobile platforms and their limitations.
- Strong UX skills. Always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the user’s needs and business goals.
- Exceptional craft. You’re passionate about aesthetics and deliver beautiful and delightful designs with high attention to details, while staying up to date with recent trends and patterns.
- System thinker. You design with scale in mind, experienced in leveraging an existing Design System, while identifying opportunities to scale and evolve it.
- Proactive collaborator. You collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and work transparently to create designs and iterate based on findings from research, experiment results and feedback from your team.
- A strong communicator. You have the ability to deliver complex ideas with simplified frameworks, rationale and solid reasoning for any audience.
- Fearless leader. You can motivate a team to build amazing products by getting the buy-in for your concepts and getting them to rally behind your designs.
- Growth mindset. You constantly seek to learn, grow and improve through experimentation and feedback. You bring a proactive mindset to improving processes and foster effective collaboration.
- Design ally. You’re passionate about and experienced with building and scaling a design culture and helping others grow and succeed.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in ten years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
Follow us on Medium and Instagram and catch the latest stories about HoneyBook. Read about what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor.