Moneybox is on a mission to help everyone save and invest for their future, customers already hold over £2billion in assets on the Moneybox platform. We offer products and services which span across multiple financial missions helping customers save and buy their first home, save for retirement and save and invest towards their short or long-term goals.
We are looking to shape the experience our customers have with the Homebuying part of our app. Designers in the Homebuying team are accountable for every feature they design - and they take that design from conception to implementation, launching features that touch all of our Homebuying customers.
As a Senior Product Designer you have the opportunity to shape the product experience, with best-in-class visual design skills and solid experience of UX practice. The successful candidate will be part of the cross-functional Homebuying team, managing the design output for one of three squads while managing two designers in separate Homebuying Squads. You must have roughly 5 years of experience, have a good technical understanding, and a passion for getting into the detail and helping people with their financial goals.
All applications must include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What you'll do
- This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Full stack product design, taking responsibility for all aspects of the feature you design - from the initial research and first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process
- You will report directly to the Head of Design and be based in the London office on a hybrid basis (min 2 days per week in the office)
- You’re expected to inspire everyone around you, be a thought leader and mentor other designers on the team
- You’ll participate in weekly design reviews with the rest of the design team to help improve designs across the app
- Work directly with product, insights and engineerings team to understand the user base, business needs, related requirements and technical constraints
- Have a deep understanding of the Moneybox products and app
- Utilize your full range of UX design (interaction design and visual design skills)
- Lead the vision in the app and communicate your ideas and rationale to wider stakeholders
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple yet inspiring
- Feedback to developers throughout the development cycle, helping to launch features that match specifications
- Evaluate UI/UX design throughout the development cycle, always on the lookout for improvements and continuously deliver design iterations in order to achieve the best experience
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to define and design new tools, features, flows and mockups
- Use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimise screens, processes and micro-interactions
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and promoting a design culture within the company
Who you are
- A driven designer with 5+ years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and native applications
- Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Include examples of mobile and app products you have worked on (iOS and Android) – if you have them
- Expert with each stage of the design UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping)
- Business-minded, applying Design Thinking methods to match people's needs with what is technically feasible resulting in a viable business strategy that converts customer value and market opportunity
- Ability to design products and features that match how people think and behave
- Autonomous and entrepreneurial
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs
- High attention to detail
- Quick learner, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to make complex ideas simple to understand and easy to use for customers
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and convey your ideas and thought process
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- A master in communicating your ideas
- What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems
- Love showing your work often because it’s how you improve
- A keen interest and knowledge of FinTech industry
- Passionate about helping people save and invest for their future
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design
- Familiar with Figma and other design tools (Adobe CC suite)
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Marvel, Protopie or similar
- Experience of native iOS/Android design
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment alongside developers
- Used or constructed design systems
- Experience or knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience leading design projects and presenting to stakeholders
- Experience running various research methodologies
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: [email protected]