About Wave 👋🏼
We believe everyone should be able to ride the life they want, whatever happens.
To help 1 billion people do just that, we have created Wave, the Infinite Coach. Wave is the first virtual coach that has infinite experience, knowledge, and availability. That’s how Wave helps professionals who are eager to grow infinitely at work and in life.
We are creating the first coaching intelligence, a unique technology, that brings out the best of human intelligence and data.
Ride with us!
About the Growth Squad ⭐️
The growth squad’s mission is double: They ensure that our clients interact in the smoothest and most delightful way with Wave and they are fueling our growth thanks to ruthless acquisition mechanisms.
What you will do in this role 🤔
- Be intentional. Do work that supports a long-term design strategy always referring back to the global vision and mission of the organization. Heavily participating in the definition of a roadmap and the prioritization of opportunities that bring your team closer to our long-term strategy.
- Make complex operations simple. Respond to coaching challenges by crafting tools that are as smart as our shelf-ready tech.
- Be curious. Look for ways to increase the knowledge of our teams and the understanding we have of the impact of our products through meaningful, actionable, direct, and timely design research.
- Bring the users front and center. Design systems and features that resonate with the users, paying attention to creating interfaces that feel natural and responsive in the specific context of our users.
- Build rapport and trust. Ensure shared understanding among cross-functional teams learning from all practices; sharing your perspective and principles, promoting open communication and collective knowledge.
- Raise the product’s quality. Never compromise on usability. Create a habit of controlling the quality of your designs, before release to be able to deliver excellent UI and UX; and after rollout to be able to iterate in the future.
- Support our values. Nurture a diverse, conversational, and rewarding culture that embraces transparency, experimentation, collaboration, failure, and learning.
What you'll need 😎
- 4+ years of Product Design experience.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to partner cross-functionally to drive toward successful outcomes.
- Experience operating with a research-focused design philosophy and the ability to inspire change through user feedback and data insights.
- Well-rounded design skill set including visual and interaction design skills, mobile design, prototyping, and UX best practices.
- Experience designing native mobile apps.
- Fluency in English.
Why join us? ✨
- At Wave, we are on a mission to build an innovative coaching intelligence - one that blends the best of man and machine to help people achieve their potential. We wake up every day wanting to make a positive difference by developing something that will change people’s lives for the better.
- Enjoy a stimulating work environment. Collaborate and learn from seasoned professionals with extensive experience in coaching, design, data, product, and more...
- Wave is a full-remote company by design. We don’t have an office. We enjoy asynchronous communication. We avoid flooding people’s agendas with meetings.
- Async is great but we still take moments to share, learn and play together to reinforce our bond. Think learning sessions, gaming sessions (we are intense at GeoGuessr!), unforgettable quarterly offsites...
- We have a mature culture of feedback and post-mortem. We openly and regularly discuss areas of improvement as well as celebrate achievements.
- All employees at Wave have equity, we are building this company together so we all get a piece of the pie.
What’s the interview process like? ⚒
- Meet with Julien, first call to you get to know you better and tell you more about Wave and the position.
- Past work showcase/Portfolio review with Guillame (1h)
- App critique Guillaume + Micka. (1h)
- Interview with internal stakeholders (1h)
On average, the entire process lasts 3 weeks and a decision is usually made within 48hrs after the last interview 🤞
Compensation, Perks & Benefits 🙌🏽
- 💰 Base salary between 65,500€ and 80,000€ + yearly performance bonus + equity.(We use a salary grid that we built with Figures. We target the 60th percentile and we define your level at the end of the hiring process).
- 🌍 Work from anywhere (+3/-3 hrs from Central European Time).
- 💻 Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent.
- 🏡 500€ budget to build the best home office set-up.
- 🏢 Reimbursement of co-working spaces up to 4 days per month (via Néo-Nomade in 🇫🇷).
- 🩺Private healthcare 100% covered by Wave for you and your children (We use Alan in France).
- 🏄🏼♀️ Company offsite every quarter.
- 🌴 46 days of Personal Time Off per year (Public holidays included)
- 📚 A Blinkist subscription is accessible to all our employees.
- 🧘♀️ Sport or well-being sessions delivered by external providers.
- 🍼Eligible employees (at least 1-year tenure) will receive maternity/paternity leave top-up pay at 100% of salary which supplements employment insurance benefits.
- 👯 Employee referral bonus.
- ♾️ Get your own infinite coach. All our employees can use Wave for free.
At Wave, we believe that the mission we are trying to achieve can only succeed by building a team that is diverse just like all the people we are coaching. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Wave doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status 🖤.